Bacon Cheese Dip

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been curing bacon at home for several years now, but recently started letting them hang for a week or two at the end of the process in the curing chamber to let the flavor develop a bit more and it seems to improve the texture as well.

I had this misshapen slab ready to come out of the chamber.

I squared it up and a bit and thought I would use some of the trimmings for the bacon throwdown currently going on.

Fried 'em up.

Gave them a rough chop.

In they went with a mix of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, worcestershire, onion powder, and a bit of the bacon grease.

Into the smoker on the top rack.

Moved it lower down as space freed up.

Done!

You could dip just about anything in it, but I went with a scoop on some toasted bread.

Made for a nice afternoon snack and good use of those trimmings.

Joe, can you give me an idea of what you have in a curing chamber? Your posts intrigue me and I really want to get into charcuterie. I'm just not a handy dude all the time, and I've had a hard time finding a chamber to purchase.

The bacon looks fantastic, and so does the finished product!

Great idea.

Wow it should be illegal to post something that looks as delicious as that.

Man, first your burger TD entry and now this!

Looks amazing, sir.

Now that's my kind of dip!

I have been curing bacon at home for several years now, but recently started letting them hang for a week or two at the end of the process in the curing chamber to let the flavor develop a bit more and it seems to improve the texture as well.

So what do you mean, you let the meat rest for a week before slicing after you rinse off the brine?

You could put that on ice cream , mashed potatoes or hell you could eat it straight out of the cast iron for a quick pick me up

Back