Grafton, WI Costco PRIME Packers $3.79/lb

stepheneleven

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I gave up on brisket since I could never find any good ones in the Milwaukee area. I even downsized my smoker to the 14 inch smokey Joe since I all really do is smaller pork butts. Now I see this, and I was floored. Please go buy these so they continue to stock them until I get my new battlebox in a few months.

Thanks!

Saw that exact same deal here at the montebello ca Costco. The packer looked beautiful and bent over easily when picked up.

They have them at the Pewaukee store also! Best to get them early in the am for best selection. I cooked two 17#'s for the fourth. Been carrying them since around Dec but sometimes they do not have them. Had plenty yesterday though!

They've been stocking them in the Des Moines, IA Costco too. Good advice to get there early or during the mid week for the best selection.

They have them at the Pewaukee store also! Best to get them early in the am for best selection. I cooked two 17#'s for the fourth. Been carrying them since around Dec but sometimes they do not have them. Had plenty yesterday though!

This is great news. I haven't been to a Costco since last summer so it makes sense that this is news to me. So glad our area is getting these and they are selling out. Especially now that I live about 8 minutes from the Grafton Costco.

Never in all my years have I heard a BBQ-er DOWNSIZE.
I have like 10 grills.
Go see your Doctor.

Ha. Long story, short, I sold my 18" WSM to a friend, which really wouldnt have been big enough for these briskets anyhow. I plan to get a Battlebox in the coming months. I would like to have it by fall.

I wish I would've seen this a few days ago! I would've sprung for the prime instead of the choice brisket I picked up from Restaurant Depot for a similar price! I don't remember the price off of the top of my head but it may have been 10 or 15 cents cheaper per pound for choice.

I have purchased from both the Menominee Falls and Pewaukee stores this summer, so you should have a few different options.

Costco has been carrying these in Los Angeles since 2012, but the price was under $3/lb. when I lived there. They only started carrying them in Phoenix last year, from between $3.15 - $3.79/lb, right now at the higher end of that range. I plan on picking one up next week.

I have purchased from both the Menominee Falls and Pewaukee stores this summer, so you should have a few different options.

This is good to hear. I was worried when I saw these that it was a special thing. Because a year or two back, I didn't see these in any Costco around here.

Very happy this a common thing now. Not really concerned with the price so much, just the availability. Anything under $4/lb is fine with me.

Last edited:
The New Berlin, WI Costco also keeps good stock of prime packers briskets. They also have flats, but they only have those in Choice.

Never had a problem with availability there, if there aren't enough out in the case, they usually have more in the back to pick from.

Hi All At least you guys CAN get Prime packers at Costco, NOT to found here in North NJ. RD has Angus choice for the same price.
DanB

I'm not sure what happened here, but beef prices went farking NUTS here again. Was in the largest local grocer with the wife Sunday eve. Brisket @ $9.99/LB (It's doubled in the last week!!) Rib eye steak @ $14.99/LB. They even pegged the rib prices. Told the wife "fish and chicken it is!"

Back