atomic buffalo turds

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

brothers & sisters of the bbq brethren behold!

i have reached abt nirvana!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

home grown jalapeno

4jul07-002.jpg

cream cheese, minced shallot, chopped rosemary, dizzy pig jamaican firewalk

4jul07-006.jpg

piped into the half peppers, deseeded and deribbed with pulled pork from last week; foodsaver & frozen

4jul07-007.jpg

on the egg at 293.4 with jack daniels oak barrel chips for 1:13

4jul07-013.jpg

my best abt's yet!! :biggrin:

4jul07-019.jpg

no toothpick... nothin but bacon!

enjoy farkers!
aargh.gif

Last edited:
I like those!!! Love the way you wrapped them and the pork is a nice idea.

I used some Dizzy Pig All Purpose seasoning on some ribs this weekend and shrimp today. I gotta say I don't care for it. There are like 12 different Dizzy rubs, so I'll have to try the Jamaican Fire. I know a lot of people rave about it.

Rick, tell me more about your camera and photography skills. Can any hack learn to take pictures like yours? Also, can you explain how you wrapped those abt's without toothpics?

Todd, Dizzy Pig rubs are awesome. Your taste buds must have been off the day your tried it. Seriously, it's great stuff.

Rod

Rick, tell me more about your camera and photography skills. Can any hack learn to take pictures like yours? Also, can you explain how you wrapped those abt's without toothpicks?

special bacon cement, mon! :biggrin:
just stretch it as you wrap... kinda glues itself together as it comes to room temp, then chill for maximum smoke penetration at the beginning of the cook. use thin bacon, not thick. i didn't flip these abt's... didn't need to. plus the half pepper boat holds all the cream cheese in if they are not flipped.

i've been taking photos of food since around 1985... anyone can take quality photos with a few pointers and basic photography knowledge.

one of these days, i hope to make some money from my two hobby passions; photography and barby q! :cool:

Nice. I love ABT's but I always end up making them with chilis that are too hot for the guests!!!!

I used some Dizzy Pig All Purpose seasoning on some ribs this weekend and shrimp today. I gotta say I don't care for it. There are like 12 different Dizzy rubs, so I'll have to try the Jamaican Fire. I know a lot of people rave about it.

Todd -

Not trying to promote for them ... but you might want to give the Raging River a try. Used it on the spares we did yesterday ... mmmmm, mmmmmm good!

RTD -

That 4th pic is picture nirvana! Good looking grub. Sounds like a reason to smoke a pork butt ... to turn around a try out your ABTs!

Thanks for sharing!

I like the boats, and that thin bacon tip works better for me too. I've done pulled pork but it has been a long time ago and I think I put some pineapple chunks in there - hmmm, (if I didn't, I need to).

Todd -

Not trying to promote for them ... but you might want to give the Raging River a try. Used it on the spares we did yesterday ... mmmmm, mmmmmm good!

Rick, tell me more about your camera and photography skills. Can any hack learn to take pictures like yours? Also, can you explain how you wrapped those abt's without toothpics?

Todd, Dizzy Pig rubs are awesome. Your taste buds must have been off the day your tried it. Seriously, it's great stuff.

Rod

Everyone raves about them, sure they are good. Must have been the one I tried. Thanks for the recommendation.

My problem is with the cream cheese sticking to the shovel

not sure if this is what you mean, but i piped the last two batches of abt's by putting the cream cheese mixture in a gallon plastic zip-lock bag and forcing it all to a bottom corner and snipping off the corner, about a 3/8" hole. quick, easy, clean, no mess, no fuss. i love the food channel! hahaa