Just ordered my first bag of Fab B-lite...

B

BBQNUTT

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Fab so I ordered some today. Anybody have reccomendations on how strong to mix it and with what? Using it for Brisket...

Thanks!

I'm sure they're great. I just haven't used them as I'm happy w/ Butcher's. So what do you mix Fab with, Big George?

I didn't like them at all, overwhelming flavor, yuck yuck yuck. Anything that makes you gag when you are using it should give some idea of what it's going to turn out to be. Now you may love it, I found it gross and won;t use it again. Scott

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Fab so I ordered some today. Anybody have reccomendations on how strong to mix it and with what? Using it for Brisket...

Thanks!

I've personally never used it, but my teammate has and you have to real careful to no go too heavy. If you use it in comps, make sure it all renders out because a judge that knows what he's doing will taste the FAB products...They have a real distinct flavor.

I didn't like them at all, overwhelming flavor, yuck yuck yuck. Anything that makes you gag when you are using it should give some idea of what it's going to turn out to be. Now you may love it, I found it gross and won;t use it again. Scott

Yeah, but sooo many people have had GREAT success with Fab injected into their brisket. It cant be all that bad if its helping people get calls... I just want to know how those successfull teams use it...

We use Fab for pork and beef. For the Fab B Lite and Fab P, mix 2/3C Fab with 2C water.

Good luck.

Use whatever liquid you want to try and enhance your flavors the most. I've done it with apple juice, beef broth, chicken broth, grape juice, pineapple juice and water....

I've had great success using it and the judges don't seem to be able to notice the flavors... At least they haven't said so for my products that I am turning in....

I love FAB products, I mix them with whatever tastes better with the meat you are injecting. I mix about three to one.

I've never used Fab B, but I am a big fan of Fab P. I mix with water.

If and when you decide you don't like that, try the Butchers BBQ marinades, great stuff! :biggrin:

We have switched to Butcher's products. Liked Fab products very much, but we seem to have better success with Butcher's products. Not as strong of a flavor and less streaking...
For Brisket I use just plane h2o, but pork I mix with all apple juice.

Back