***Vote! BBQ Brethren **Special** "2016 Pork Tenderloin Master" Throwdown! - Vote!***

***Vote! BBQ Brethren **Special** "2016 Pork Tenderloin MAster!" Throwdown - Vote!***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren **Special** "2016 Pork Tenderloin Master!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday, September 5th.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name or picture for more pics/info on the entries.

Fwismoker

Not a tenderloin

THoey1963

Oldyote

ORSmoker

mattmountz94

rufio

Fatback Joe

WHS88

bjarolim

tom b

Sides on plate

dcmike125

SirPorkaLot

dadymat

ssv3

jwtseng

DerHusker
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Enrico Brandizzi

EricD

Sides on plate

Haastyle

Sides on plate

Whoa.... why the dilly bar??

The rules for the Master's series are a bit different than our regular Throwdowns:

No sides are allowed. You may however dress your dish with other (edible) items to pull the dish together into one specific entree. For example, with a short rib you could make a bed of salad greens, topped with sliced short rib, and dressed with other foods. However, a short rib or short ribs with a baked potato and/or asparagus on the side is not allowed. The entree you create must stand on its own.

Oh toss off with that. See Moose, this is the same trash that Ronelle quit moderating because of. This isn't in the spirit of anything Q. Then use the pic before. If I didn't give an explanation it would have fit under your same rules as "dressed".

No,no, that's fine. I'll just take another 2 year hiatus. Reminds me why I quit doing this $hi! to begin with.

Haas, I'm sorry, dude, but we had to follow the rules we started with. I considered using your other shot, and if it was on a cutting board I would have, but the rules stated -

4. You must submit at least one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and at least one photo of your completed dish.

Something still on the grill is not a completed dish. Sorry man, It was a great entry, but anyone else who didn't follow that rule got the dilly as well.

Oh toss off with that. See Moose, this is the same trash that Ronelle quit moderating because of. This isn't in the spirit of anything Q. Then use the pic before. If I didn't give an explanation it would have fit under your same rules as "dressed".

No,no, that's fine. I'll just take another 2 year hiatus. Reminds me why I quit doing this $hi! to begin with.

The application and enforcement of our rules is NOT why Ron quit moderating here, and I would know because I was right there with him.

For the record:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196577

In actuality, a large part of it had to do with folks who pitched a fit when they got DQ’d because they didn’t bother to read the rules before entering, much as you have just done publicly.

If your skin is so thin that you have to throw a tantrum because you didn't bother to read the rules before entering this throwdown, or that somehow we should bend the rules to suit YOUR agenda, then perhaps this is not the place for you. The vast majority of folks who participate in the TD's not only have fun here, when they receive a DQ they have the maturity to take it in stride and continue to participate, albeit with a little more preparation.

That is all…

Haas, I'm sorry, dude, but we had to follow the rules we started with. I considered using your other shot, and if it was on a cutting board I would have, but the rules stated -

4. You must submit at least one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and at least one photo of your completed dish.

Something still on the grill is not a completed dish. Sorry man, It was a great entry, but anyone else who didn't follow that rule got the dilly as well.

I've has a spell to calm down a tick... and I appreciate you Shagdog for coming across the right way at me. Ain't happy about it... still pissed..... but I'll take it. Not that I could do anything about it anyways. But Thanks Shagdog for giving me a little bit of respect for the effort. It was a banger of a dish really.

I've has a spell to calm down a tick... and I appreciate you Shagdog for coming across the right way at me. Ain't happy about it... still pissed..... but I'll take it. Not that I could do anything about it anyways. But Thanks Shagdog for giving me a little bit of respect for the effort. It was a banger of a dish really.

I know I would have hit it hard.

I have a question, I knew the asparagus would kill me but would the rice have been legal? Just for future reference.:-D

A lot of good dishes there...but there's a standout for me because of technique.

I have a question, I knew the asparagus would kill me but would the rice have been legal? Just for future reference.:-D

Tom, the rice would be borderline, depending on how you look at it, and that's part of the problem. Shagdog and I have been discussing changing and simplifying the Master's Series so the TD is both simpler and easy to follow. When we resurrected the Master's series, we used the exact format that Bigabyte used when they were first introduced a number of years ago. We can keep the spirit and essence of what Chris intended when he started the master's series, but make the guidelines simpler and more clear for folks moving FW.

I think that particular rule is intended to allow garnish. It would be cool to put the tenderloin on a bed of rice but not rice as the side dish next to it. Imo

Ive seen some good examples here on using garnish and/or including a stuffing.

With out the rule it would be just meat on a plate. Boring. You could get DQ'd for having an apple accidentally in the background. :wink:

This is going to be tough I really like dilly bars
I know I have not entered a Masters Series but I think we should leave the rules as they are

I am sure it was a tough decision to DQ some of the entries, but I know several of them jumped out at me when I saw them posted. I am thinking the idea behind it is to make the meat stand by itself. I usually go with letting the voters decide, but a pretty, full plate with sides may have swung some votes from those that followed the rules.

That being said, those DQ'd entries, along with all those that made the cut, looked delicious and I would not have turned down any of them. Going to be a hard decision on which way to vote for...

I am thinking the idea behind it is to make the meat stand by itself.

That's what I've envisioned the Masters TD's to be from what I gather in the description. A light garnish of some sort to make it purdy but that's it.

Back