Appetizers for Football Sunday w/ Pron

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I hadn't hung out with a couple friends in a while, so I figured I would invite them over for some playoff football and appetizers. On the menu were MOINKS, Langanesa w/ steamed rice, Southwest Eggrolls w/ spicy ranch sauce, and Lumpia w/ sweet chili sauce, and beef sausage cooked in bbq sauce.

Moo + Oink = MOINKS! Homemade meatballs wrapped in bacon. They were dusted with Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria seasoning.
pDe7t7W.jpg

v0frshb.jpg

Onto the Weber Performer running at about 325 degrees w/ pecan wood. Had 4 meatballs too many but they were going to get eaten also!
KtUdMz8.jpg

EKxTjDy.jpg

Not sure how long but I checked the MOINKS and they were ready to get sauced. I used Oklahoma Joe's Hickory BBQ sauce that my coworker bought for me while he was in KC.
NSN0Rx3.jpg

Sauced up and ready to eat.
90UboH9.jpg

3LldM0r.jpg

kakSV8G.jpg

A few other appetizers. No process of cooking for this unfortunately, only finished shots.

Southwest Eggrolls. Used leftover pulled pork, blackbean sphaghetti noodles, corn, jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, fresh cilantro, grated smoked pepper jack, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and fresh lime juice wrapped in Lumpia Wrappers.
45oNyr0.jpg

Lumpia - AKA Filipino Egg rolls. My buddy brought these over for us to enjoy.
iLQyXj4.jpg

Hillshire Beef Sausage smoked in some Oklahoma Joes Hickory BBQ Sauce
hPvNDZQ.jpg

Langanesa (Filipino Sweet Sausage) w/ steamed rice. These were browned in a pan, then water added and cooked till the water evaporated out of the pan. The langanesa was taken out and the steamed rice added to the pan to absorb the left over fat from the pan.
xBZ0IAK.jpg

Final Spread for the game.
CnE17I2.jpg

One of my plates. Starting at 12 o'clock and going clockwise. Lumpia, MOINKS, Langanesa w/ steamed rice, Southwest Eggroll w/ spicy ranch.
K4zOQC0.jpg

It was great time spent with my gf and my friends w/ good food to gnaw on. The only bad thing was that my Denver Broncos were eliminated from the playoff.

Awesome stuff all! It's interesting that I use Lumbia wrappers to make stuff but the Philippino's have Lumpia dishes. "I'll have a Lumpia". Almost as weird as the English language....

Looks great! I love filipino food..

Thanks. It is the food I grew up on since my parents are immigrants from the Philipines. :p I had to learn how to make the dishes I love.

I love appetizers. It all looks fantastic

Thanks. It was truely an appetizers for dinner night. I did have some roasted winter vegetables and baltimore pit beef on the menu for dinner, but we were all so full from the hearty appetizers I just nixed that idea.

Awesome stuff all! It's interesting that I use Lumbia wrappers to make stuff but the Philippino's have Lumpia dishes. "I'll have a Lumpia". Almost as weird as the English language....

Thanks Marty! I googled Lumbia and couldn't find anything on it. What is it? Lumpia is an odd word.

That is a fantastic feed for you and your friends.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

That looks awesome. Sorry but the game came out as I was hoping.

Wow, I want to come to your place for the next game! Looks stellar!

Wow! When are you moving to Oklahoma so I can get a chance to eat from one of your spreads you put out!? Come on Virginia Beach can't hold a candle to OKC! :-?
Looks great as always!

Wow! When are you moving to Oklahoma so I can get a chance to eat from one of your spreads you put out!? Come on Virginia Beach can't hold a candle to OKC! :-?
Looks great as always!

Va Beach has the ocean and a beach! If you make it out here, you are always invited to the house to eat.

That is quite a spread You have some very lucky friends

I am lucky to have great friends. Being able to spend some time with them is always a good time.

Great looking spread, aawa!!!!

Back