• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any competitions in Michigan this summer

Big Brian

Reaction score
Just looking for some bbq comps this coming summer.

hey Brian their are a few comps this year, check out Great lakes bbq aocciation , look in the comp bbq section, Their is one on march 15 at oakland county farmers market i talked to mr brown, i think their is one or two spots left, last i knew it was going to be 27 teams

If you're not a KCBS member, drop $35 and join. It's a good organization representing our interests, you get a free membership to Restaurant Depot, you can get discounts on products, and you get a monthly newspaper which lists all the contests around the country as well as contact information and such. It's a great value.

Michigan BBQ comps are exploding. 2 new KCBS ones this year. I think with the 2 Sams club ones we have 8 from May to September. Not to mention several rib burns. Are you looking to do KCBS or backyard type rib burns?

I wish they would get some competition in Michigan they are making the Big 10 look bad......

Thanks a bunch for the Info, I'll check into the kc ba for sure and what is the deal with a back yard rib burn?

Just signed up with kcba! Ready to sign up for some comps

Thanks a bunch for the Info, I'll check into the kc ba for sure and what is the deal with a back yard rib burn?

They are usually 1 day rib only competitions that are not sanctioned. They are a good way to get your feet wet in a competition scenario without having to pay the larger entry fees and buy all 4 meats.

Back