advice on new wing sauce (still experimenting)

cmwr

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I posted on here a month or so ago about this fantastic habanero mango peach wing sauce I made. I am wanting to try something different and would appreciate some opinions. I got the itch today to try something extremely simple. I blended some Kraft honey BBQ sauce I had sitting in cupboard with some canned peaches. Tastes pretty good. But I am not sure thats good enough.

Has anyone tried making their own wing sauce even if using a store brand sauce and modifying it? How simple could it be to dump a jar of bbq sauce in a blender with some canned peaches and liquify? The heat will come later. I am trying to perfect the taste first.

Would a jar of preserves work better than a can of peaches. Fresh peaches? My original idea was to copy buffalo wild wings mango habanero wings sauce but in my experimenting I have decided that peaches stand out more in the taste than mangos do so I am thinking of skipping mangos and just going peach. Help me out fellas. I got wings to make for a super bowl party next weekend. I stumbled upon THIS and thought this sauce might have more uses than just this recipe.

I like mixing siracha chili garlic sauce 50/50 with plum sauce for a wing/rib sauce.

I like mixing siracha chili garlic sauce 50/50 with plum sauce for a wing/rib sauce.

Is that a Franks sauce? I have never had it. How do you think it would taste with peaches? I have never had plum sauce so I don't know how sweet it is

It's the rooster sauce that comes in a plastic jar. I think it would probably taste good with peaches.

Plum sauce is pretty sweet and is an asian dipping sauce or used as an ingredient in stir fry sauces.

I love stupid simple as well and I love mixing different rubs and sauces together to see what I get. This here is one I'm hooked on. I use these two rubs on my wings (excellent just like that) then I combine these 3 sauces together, dip the wings, put back on the grill a couple minutes, then pull.

image.jpg

It's the rooster sauce that comes in a plastic jar. I think it would probably taste good with peaches.

Plum sauce is pretty sweet and is an asian dipping sauce or used as an ingredient in stir fry sauces.

So it is Franks rooster sauce?

Never mind after the post before mine I see what kind of sauce you are referring to.

How come in that thread so many people use spice heat like cayenne or death dust? Why not just blend a fresh habanero in the mixture?

How come in that thread so many people use spice heat like cayenne or death dust? Why not just blend a fresh habanero in the mixture?

You should try death dust. You might like it.
All of KC Mikes rubs are excellent!!

Fresh Habanero is good too. But HDD is convenient.

The issue I have with Frank's sauce is that it reminds me of another version of Louisiana hot sauce or macelhennies (not sure I spelled that right). My pallette is not really refined but they all taste similar. Not that I don't like any of them but I am looking for a fruity bbq flavorful sauce. I can take any sauce I like and add heat so heat in the recipe is not a requirement.

The issue I have with Frank's sauce is that it reminds me of another version of Louisiana hot sauce or macelhennies (not sure I spelled that right). My pallette is not really refined but they all taste similar. Not that I don't like any of them but I am looking for a fruity bbq flavorful sauce. I can take any sauce I like and add heat so heat in the recipe is not a requirement.

I'm not a fan of that sauce by itself either.
The recipe I posted earlier is 3 different sauces with 2 different rubs. I know there is no FRUIT in this recipe, but the results are amazing AND simple. Sorry I could not be of any help. Good luck with your search.

I'm not a fan of that sauce by itself either.
The recipe I posted earlier is 3 different sauces with 2 different rubs. I know there is no FRUIT in this recipe, but the results are amazing AND simple. Sorry I could not be of any help. Good luck with your search.

Heck you were fine dude. The link another poster gave me had lots of recipes using Frank's as well. I may try your stuff. Is that rooster stuff kind of sweet?

Heck you were fine dude. The link another poster gave me had lots of recipes using Frank's as well. I may try your stuff. Is that rooster stuff kind of sweet?

No. There is really no sweet in that recipe at all but I have people call me on a regular bases wanting me to cook wings. They offer to buy the chicken and anything else to get in the door. Makes me laugh!!

Back