another shirley fab warmer box cook.

sylntghost

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i did beans and 3 racks of ribs.2 racks with plowboys yardbird rub.the other rack for me and my stepson. we like it hot. i rubbed with sriracha sauce then the yardbird rub, then for good measure i hit it with a good dusting of habanero death dust.the snot was flying but man were they good. i love that shirley fab warmer box. its so easy to control the temp.

Last edited:
Man that looks great!
Those Shirley cookers are the last cooker a person would ever need. They do it all! Well done Sir!

Looks like a winner to me. I use my warmer on my Shirley far more than the horizontal chamber as well. Just makes life easy.

Great cook but you really need to stop posting. You guys are gonna make me call Paul and get a new cooker. I'm losing my self control. Paul will know it's me because I'll be the guy whispering on the phone. :loco: once it's paid for how mad can the wife get?

Great cook but you really need to stop posting. You guys are gonna make me call Paul and get a new cooker. I'm losing my self control. Paul will know it's me because I'll be the guy whispering on the phone. :loco: once it's paid for how mad can the wife get?

Lol it'll be like the "Jake from state farm commercial. "

Just remember the old adage: "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to get permission." I would like to say this has worked for me in the past, but it would be a big LIE! I do like the sig from another Brother about his biggest fear. "That his wife will sell all his toys based on what he said he paid for them when he dies.

We can all dream and hope to hit the "Big Six" someday, or that that favorite uncle of ours will remember us in his will.

Omar

Are you cooking using your firebox and the damper, or using the charcoal box in the warmer itself?
i was using firebox and damper.had intake and exhaust wide open and controlled temp with the damper. last week i did chicken thighs and just used the warmer box and charcoal pan. i put the chicken on the middle rack. it was great. one charcoal chimney got temp up to 250.perfect. my last 4 cooks have been in the warmer.

Back