Grilled Walleye

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
grilled up some fresh caught walleye this evening. coated fillets with melted butter and sprinkled with Lawry's "perferct blend , sweet basil, citrus, garlic rub". came out pretty good although may of overdone the spices as a little "salty". served with smoked steelhead pasta salad. yummy!

Attachments

• grillwalleyepastasalad.jpg
    grillwalleyepastasalad.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 111
Dang it Mike! You and Phesant are going to convince me to move north yet. :-D
Great looking feast!! :thumb:

The only thing better than eating walleye is catching walleye. We've never grilled em, but they sure look good. We always deep fry them fish 'n chips style.

Dang it Mike! You and Phesant are going to convince me to move north yet. :-D
Great looking feast!! :thumb:

Jeanie,
I highly doubt you'll ever leave your little piece of heaven ya got, but you're more then welcome to visit anytime! :)

I hate you Mike.

Been too busy this week to fish. Those look really tasty.

Steelhead Salad?? I'm interested!

mike where in ohio are you from? i live in willoughby, a suburb of cleveland, and there is nothing like freshly caught lake erie walleye. thanks for representing this part of the country so well with such a great meal there:-D

Walleye is my favorite fish. Nice idea for grilling it with a rub. My favorite way to cook it is to simply dredge it in seasoned flour and pan fry it in butter. Can't be beat when done as a shoreline dinner. Now I am thinking finding some for dinner tomorrow night.

I

LOVE

Walleye......:hungry:

That looks mighty tasty from here!!!:thumb::clap2:

Back