Saturibday - PRON update final pics at end

lankster35

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Update at two hours and two beers in....Moved to the horizontal rack at 240 degrees now.

On went 4 racks of ribs at 12:10. 3 St. Louis style and one baby back or St. Louis cut that never grew up. Seasoned last night with a version of Mikes Magic dust I make and plan to spritz with apple juice whenever I think about it. Also finally went to the Restaurant supply store and picked up a mere 1000' of butcher paper so I might wrap when they look the color I want. Normally don't wrap but keep reading the butcher paper thing so thought I would try it.

Got em in my LyfeTyme smoker in the vertical stack currently at 255 degrees and plan on moving to the horizontal chamber when the temp dies down. I have been dong my ribs like that the last few times and they seem to come our great.

Currently snacking on the last two ribs I thawed out the other day and a Ruby Redbird Shiner........

Last edited:
looking really nice. what's the temp in the main chamber when the vertical is at 255?

It is around 400 degrees in the main chamber to get the vertical to 255. If I push all my tuning plates together then the heat will go under the horizontal straight to the vertical and I can actually get the temp pretty equal in both. When I do that though all the smoke generally flows right under the meat and out the stack.
Ii just wrapped in butcher paper at 3 hours in, put them back in the vertical and plan to leave them wrapped for about an hour then finish off most likely for about another hour.

More pics then.

Last edited:
Final product..........

All but one rack was done after about 4:45 minutes. Wrapping makes it pretty difficult to tell exactly when to unwrap vs. cooking totally unwrapped. I only left them in the paper for 1:15 and two of the racks were pretty pulled back from the bone - initial taste test says ....goooood....

Last edited:
As the others said they are good looking ribs.
You notice a difference with butcher paper vs aluminum foil?

Back