Oakridge BBQ secret weapon

lennitt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering a pound of secret weapon rub. I have no experience with commercial rubs, I just make one when I need it. About how many racks would a pound be good for? thanks

I am thinking about ordering a pound of secret weapon rub. I have no experience with commercial rubs, I just make one when I need it. About how many racks would a pound be good for? thanks

Im trying out a couple of the Oakridge rubs today and from what I can tell I think I could easily do 6 racks of full spares with the 6 oz package.

All of the Oakridge rubs are great, but Secret Weapon is one of my favorites. I one of my racks last week with SW and depending on how heavily you season you should be able to get maybe two dozen or so covered with a one pound bag. Since is a finely ground rub not loaded with salt and sugar a little can go a long way with ORBBQ. I usually buy just the 6oz bags (many different flavors so I can change things up) and reorder a little more often. My thought behind this is to keep my rubs the freshest. However, if you needed to cook 20 or so racks for a gathering, the 1lb. bag would be a great option.

I like to heavily coat my ribs so I use about 1.5 ounces per rack. Obviously the lighter the application, the further it will go....

Don't worry about having rub around... Secret weapon goes great on everything... It'll be gone in no time flat.....

Back