Full spare question...

DetTigersFan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Alright so I'm cooking my first rack of spares tomorrow that aren't trimmed down to a St Louis cut. Also doing a rack of baby backs and I'll be trying out a couple of the Oakridge rubs I bought for the first time as well. Thinkin I'm gonna use the Dominator on the baby backs and the Comp Beef and Pork on the spares.
I run my WSM right in the 275-300 range so I'm thinkin around 5.5-6 hours on the spares? I usually knock out St Louis cut spares in 4 or 4.5. The baby backs shouldn't take me more than like 3.5 so I'll start them later on. Am I in the right ballpark for time on the spares? Might foil for the last hour, might not... That'll just depend on color for me. Thanks guys.

Im just thinikng your running your temps to high for that amount of time. IMHO

Im just thinikng your running your temps to high for that amount of time. IMHO

Yeah my WSM likes running in the 270-300 zone. I'm just thinking if I can do St Louis cut spares in around 4 hours then the full spares would take at least another.

Yeah my WSM likes running in the 270-300 zone. I'm just thinking if I can do St Louis cut spares in around 4 hours then the full spares would take at least another.
If a tooth pick doesn't go in and out smoothly, you can always cook longer. That is about the time I open up my kettle for the first time after starting my cook to check.

Back