• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken Pr0n

C

cwo2lt

Got busy at work and didn’t have a chance to post these. Splayed out a chicken a couple weekends ago and fired up the BGE. I used to get an herb mixture from Lowrey’s I think it was called Pinch of Herbs. They don’t make it anymore so I made my own. Got a recipe from the net and modified it a bit. Rubbed the bird down with the herbs, turn it over on it’s back and put some lemons and onions in what used to be the cavity. I left it skin down the whole time to help hold the natural juices.

Attachments

• Chicken before.jpg
    Chicken before.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 252
For some odd reason the temp shot up on me the last half hour and blackened up the onions, didn’t hurt the bird so all was well. I know the BGE folks say you don't need a water pan but I use a drip pan under the food to keep the setter plate clean. I figure while it's there may as well put it to good use! I add wine and herbs to my drip pans to add a bit extra flavor. In this case it was just some left over white wine.

Attachments

• Chicken after.jpg
    Chicken after.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 249
Chix pic

That looks great. I put some legs on the okie joe long horn also today.

Attachments

• chicken leg.jpg
    chicken leg.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 208
For some odd reason the temp shot up on me the last half hour and blackened up the onions, didn’t hurt the bird so all was well. I know the BGE folks say you don't need a water pan but I use a drip pan under the food to keep the setter plate clean. I figure while it's there may as well put it to good use! I add wine and herbs to my drip pans to add a bit extra flavor. In this case it was just some left over white wine.

how long was the cook time?

that looks good. How's the lemon rind do on the chicken? (I've done it like that but mine came out a little bitter from the rind).

that looks good. How's the lemon rind do on the chicken? (I've done it like that but mine came out a little bitter from the rind).
Came out just fine, not bitter at all. Keeping the bird "face down" kept all the juices in and allowed the lemon to really penetrate the meat. Next time I might just try lemon and dill and leave the onions off.

Back