Lamb Rack with Alabama White Sauce.

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Lamb Rack with Alabama White Sauce.

I asked about this sauce on a post the other day.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230234

mcyork28 was kind enough to post me the recipe and others chipped in with advice as well.
Most appreciated,
We did try to follow the recipe but wasn't sure about sourcing the correct ingredients.

We did substitute all the pepper for White Slap Ya Mama blend, love that stuff.
The Sauce read very interesting and I immediately thought, this will go really well with Lamb.:thumb:
Also Took the Advice and made it a day ahead.

IMG_5469%20Medium_zps5po4clt1.jpg

Rendered the Lamb fat then put in the Acorn over a bed of Mint and added some par boiled Chat spuds.

Served this sauce on the Lamb and Spuds and OMG, what a Taste sensation,specially with the hint of Mint.

some Pictures.

IMG_5487%20Medium_zpsufqihwwf.jpg

IMG_5489%20Medium_zpsw2eqstat.jpg

IMG_5493%20Medium_zpsg6ylduuf.jpg

IMG_5510%20Medium_zpsoeefl6sl.jpg

IMG_5495%20Medium_zpse3r56wfs.jpg

IMG_5505%20Medium_zpshyob7xxx.jpg

IMG_5499%20Medium_zpsustzhm7h.jpg

We are going to try this on some Chicken Thighs tomorrow.
Don't be afraid to try this on Grilled Lamb, it carries the flavour and its gorgeous on the Little spuds as well.
Definitely a Lip Smacking Sauce.
Thank you all for the inspiration.

This is a sure fired Keeper, be great on Eggs on Afghan garlic bread as well I reckon.

Titch, I want to eat at your place, even if it is in Melbourne. You do want to try the AWS on chicken, it is a natural pairing. Do you have Chris Lilly's book, there is some good stuff in there.

Titch, you are killing me this early in the morning. Looks fantastic.

I agree!

Looks great Titch!

Looks great Tisch! I haven't tried AWS on anything but chicken yet but I'm sure it would work well and this post definitely inspires me to do so.

Thanks everyone appreciated:thumb:

Titch, I want to eat at your place, even if it is in Melbourne. You do want to try the AWS on chicken, it is a natural pairing. Do you have Chris Lilly's book, there is some good stuff in there.

You can do the Haka with the rest of our street if you come over

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI851yJUQQw"]Original maori haka dance - YouTube[/ame]

Always looking forward when you post the lamb cooks Titch. Outstanding!

Obviously this looks like a great combination, and it sounds like one too. How about white sauce over the lamb, and mint jelly on the side for dredging? I'm picturing the sweet vs. sour intersection with smoked lamb...ahhhhh...

Obviously this looks like a great combination, and it sounds like one too. How about white sauce over the lamb, and mint jelly on the side for dredging? I'm picturing the sweet vs. sour intersection with smoked lamb...ahhhhh...

We spoke between ourselves about that ,both agreeing that some fresh mint added to the sauce would be a good thing for lamb or kofta.
I would use it in place of mint yoghurt.
Would kill it for chicken or coleslaw tho

Back