Splits at Academy

I hate it when I have to BUY wood.. but yes, I have used those sacks too when I had to cook and didn't have enough seasoned pecan... I try not to get myself in that situation...

Glad you found something that works for ya!

James.

jgh1204 said:
went in to buy some Angelo's Beef rub and found large sacks of splits in pecan, hickory and mesquite. I am guessing 25lb+++ for $10.

I picked up 2 bags of pecan and 1 hickory.

They still stocking the Big John brand? I only had one bag that was a problem, and it was my fault for not checking it. I should have known by the weight that it wasn't completely seasoned. I can usually find it at Home Depot in DFW or San Antonio when I'm in a bind.

JamesB said:
I hate it when I have to BUY wood.. but yes, I have used those sacks too when I had to cook and didn't have enough seasoned pecan... I try not to get myself in that situation...

Glad you found something that works for ya!

James.

Are you Kidding? Up here in the North East we would be happy just to have a place to buy wood.

jgh1204 said:
Hey, I was excited by it.

It would get me excited too since we don't have any good, reliable sources for Q wood close by. At $10 for 25 lbs, I would send you a check and ask you to pick me some up if it were not for the shipping.

Sawdustguy said:
Are you Kidding? Up here in the North East we would be happy just to have a place to buy wood.
I think I see a business opportunity.

Absolutely. Part of the problem is that starting in late September, the Q'ers compete with people looking for wood for their fireplaces and woodstoves. Alot of the wood suppliers sell out their wood until May. The only time it is really available to the Q'er is from the middle of May to late September. The Poobah has found a place that has helped us out but it is pot luck there.

Sawdustguy said:

Nope not kidding at all... I'm fortunate to have married into a family that owns several pecan orchards... No lack of wood here unless I don't go and cut it...

James.

JamesB said:
Nope not kidding at all... I'm fortunate to have married into a family that owns several pecan orchards... No lack of wood here unless I don't go and cut it...

James.
Lucky farker.

Back