Post Cook Injections

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm looking into trying some post cook injecting when my surgically reinforced ankle finishes healing. Most specifically for IBCA chicken, but also for other categories as well. Just curious if anybody has any thoughts on the matter that they would care to share.

Thanks.

Right now I'm thinking about thinning and injecting BBQ sauce into the chicken halves after cooking. I'm hearing a lot about how the judges here at IBCA co tests in Louisiana are having a tough time finding sauce for their particular bit size portions.

Jason,
I think you should inject it full strength...and lots of it...make that chicken swell up till it almost pops so when they cut it, it'll squirt em right in the eye....however, i would prefer that you wait to try this until we are at the same competition...Ha Ha ha

Jason,
I think you should inject it full strength...and lots of it...make that chicken swell up till it almost pops so when they cut it, it'll squirt em right in the eye....however, i would prefer that you wait to try this until we are at the same competition...Ha Ha ha

HAHAHA so whatcha think? Blues Hog? Sweet Baby Ray? Or the Kurtz store brand that they sell at Save A Lot lol

I would be careful. I think some judges might judge you low if they see that it is obviously an injection.

I would be careful. I think some judges might judge you low if they see that it is obviously an injection.

Ordinarily I would agree but down here in the land of the uneducated BBQ palate, where most the IBCA judges are just regular folks with no certification they might actually be impressed by pockets of sauce in the meat. This is after all the state that first popularized injecting:cool:

Maybe a little clarified butter, some seasoned water strained of the particles...

How about injecting with some red Kool Aid lol. I have heard it's been done before.

To be honest never really thought of this before....cool idea!

hmmm,thats a thought..i think it would look rough...but taste awesome. keep it LA with some LA hotsauce,apple juice,and bbq sauce!

ahhhh, im thinking of catching some of the rib, brisket drippings and putting and injecting that stuff right back in there. hmmmm. sounds like an idea, but wouldnt want to discolor the meat.

Back