If you aren't using wood, you aren't making "real" BBQ.

Well, I was prepared to present you with the first-usage award for codswallop. I was certain THAT word had never been used before, and was a very appropriate word that required further usage within Woodpile particularly.

Sadly, when searching the site, there was ONE thread that used this word previously.

Post #32 in this thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122323

So...

I can't give you the award, but I still think it should be used a lot more.:thumb:

I read thru this thread and thought maybe it should be given a W.P Award because is is just so stoo....brilliant...but misdirected.
Then...(tension builds...or in Biggies case... mounts) I noticed this post...and at one blow exposed okiesawbones as a creepy stalker and biggie as having integrity.

Now I don't know about you...but that makes me want to duck and run.

:laugh:
Codswallopers

Last edited:
I read thru this thread and thought maybe it should be given a W.P Award because is is just so stoo....brilliant...but misdirected.
Then...(tension builds...or in Biggies case... mounts) I noticed this post...and at one blow exposed okiesawbones as a creepy stalker and biggie as having integrity.

Now I don't know about you...but that makes me want to duck and run.

Codswallopers

He's not just stalking Biggie... he's going after your vernacular as well. :shocked:

I call bull ****! She is a moron. I am so sick of that is bbq that is not bbq. If you want to get technical it should be made in a pit a real hand dug pit and it should be covered with leaves and burried in dirt. Bbq has evolved and has branched out in a lot of directions. Are you really going to agree that the guy who cooks with charcoal in a WSM or an ugly drum smoker or a pellet grill or whatever fuel or smoker you use is not real bbq? The words real or authentic bbq are a load of crap. There is no such thing as authentic or real bbq. Bbq is always evolving. Certain parts of bbq are new but it is still bbq.

This...:clap2::thumb:
I am partial to charcoal. But I have turned out some tasty food on gas units as well. Not much experience with stick burners.

VR,
Harold

Back