Q-Mail Pron

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to leave this right here.

FfkF3xr.jpg

Jaimacamon (Matt) and I are going to be doing our practice cook this Saturday for our first competition. We bought a few things to try out, as well as had a couple other things in our cupboards. :heh:

Wow! Good Luck

Thanks!

Good luck with the competition!

Thanks!

thats a whole lot of a whole lot of flavor!

Yes, yes it is. We are doing our practice cook and have the people coming vote which sauce they like with the brisket and pulled pork.

Nothing homemade for that personal touch???

Nah. Commercial businesses have spent countless hours developing and refining their flavors. I have spent no where close to the time they have with tweaking a recipe and making sure a large portion of the population enjoy the flavors.

Don't do that!!!

Send it to me!!!

PM me your address and I'll send you something :p

That's a lot of what I use. Good luck. You'll love the 3 Eyz rub.

Matt and I went through lots of posts on different forums to see what a lot of teams use. From there we narrowed down sauces and a few rubs that we want to try.

Right now this is our idea. Matt and I have tried a lot of different rubs and we narrowed it down. We haven't tried a lot of different sauces, which is why we bought a bunch of them to see which would go with what meats and then going to narrow down from there.

Chicken - Plowboys Yardbird and Plowboys Sweet 180 (diluted down with something, not sure yet), brined with a simple brine I make.

Ribs - 3eyez rub and still up in the air for the sauce.

Pork Butt - Injected with Chris Lilly's injection (salt content cut down), rubbed with 3 eyez and need to decide on the sauce.

Brisket - Injected with Butchers Basic Brisket Injection and Prime Dust. Rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops, sauce in the air. This is the first time we have used Black Ops so the decision on that rub might change.

Wow, that's quite the haul! Good luck! BTW - Where is the comp?

Wow, that's quite the haul! Good luck! BTW - Where is the comp?

It is in Hampton, VA in August. vacarshow.com is the website for it. They have a KCBS competition and a backyard competition.

Good luck aawa! Don't forget to have fun. :clap2:

Cooking is very fun to me. I enjoy it and look forward to it. I want to put my best foot forward, which is why I am doing lots of practice on my technique, but no matter where I place I am not worried about it. :)

And I thought I had alot of spices.

Good luck man.

Back