• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

need help, pricing and qtys for catering appetizers

temptedfate

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Doing a male version of a baby shower/pool party for a client with 75-85 guys, and have been requested if i could provide abt's, moinks, pig candy and pigshots along with the main bbq meal. I also have chicken, ribs, pork, mac-n-cheese, slaw, beans and cornbread.

I have no idea how to charge for apps, is it a per peice , per person or per pound.

The event will last 4-5 hrs

Currently i charge per lb for meat and set price for ribs and salads, beans and mac/cheese by the 1/2pan.

Any suggestions

Thank you

Doing a male version of a baby shower/pool party for a client with 75-85 guys, and have been requested if i could provide abt's, moinks, pig candy and pigshots along with the main bbq meal. I also have chicken, ribs, pork, mac-n-cheese, slaw, beans and cornbread.

I have no idea how to charge for apps, is it a per peice , per person or per pound.

The event will last 4-5 hrs

Currently i charge per lb for meat and set price for ribs and salads, beans and mac/cheese by the 1/2pan.

Any suggestions

Thank you

Good question man, that is labor intensive stuff vs just smoking a few butts. Interested with what others have to say here.

You might quote "per tray" or "per platter" for the apps. Each tray/platter could be 20 pieces or whatever number works for you. This way you won't be blamed if the apps are a huge hit and you run out early.

Give your customer your prices per tray, for the apps, and let them order the number of trays they desire. This puts them in charge of how much they want to buy. We no longer take catered jobs that ask/require us to decide how much product is "needed".

We had too many issues with customers that did not give us good data, as to actual attendance, to provide adequate product amounts. It is no different from going to the hardware store and telling the clerk to "give me enough nails to build a new house". :wink:

I'd do like stated above and price it by the platter with x number pieces per platter and recommend 6-9 bites per person per hour if this will be served in place of a meal if it were me.

Back