Grey water disposal

Qbert60

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Looking to make the plunge in a few weeks and vend a little biker rally. Doesn't seem huge, but I want to test the waters. Anyway, looking that the TFE operations checklist, I need to figure out the grey water disposal.

"Wastewater shall be disposed in an approved wastewater disposal system. Wasterwater may not be dumped on ground surfaces, into waterways, or storm drains."

On the application it asks how will you dispose of waste water? Current all water is drained into a 5 gallon bucket. At comps, I normally pour it down a storm drain. Any Ideas?

The only places that I have been questioned about "grey water" disposal have been while cooking at fairgrounds. I have found that most fairgrounds have an dump station for RV's, and I have used these dump stations to dump the grey water. The health dept has been happy with this. If not cooking at a fairground I would find a close by RV dump station, and tell the health dept that you will be dumping there. There are RV sites on the internet that list all RV dump stations. When the Health Dept asks----and receives an answer that has been researched, and they know that you know where to dump locally---they are satisfied that you will be dumping according to regulations. If you hem and haw and do not know-----they get picky

How many days will you be vending? Does the city you are vending in have a set up for this? If there are campers at this event, they will need to dump too.

when you start dealing with permits & license's it changes everything. An approved commissary is your best bet, but it will cost you. A campground or rv repair place might do. I dont know about where you are, but in CA only the commissary will work on paperwork.

Back