Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As usual, I was suffering from a hectic week. But, to top it off, we had my nephew's birthday. He asked for a rocket for his birthday so, of course we had to build him one.

Also, a request was put in for a Mickey Mouse cake. So, of course my wife had to make him one. I got to carve it...

I'm not saying I have issues with Mickey but, when you are subjected to his club house on a daily basis, you get a little pent up aggression to the rodent.

All this aside, I still managed to find some time to fire up the grill. I initially had planned to make Pork Chops stuffed with a wild rice, ham, and apple blend.

However, that plan soon changed when I realized that I had to cook for family and not all of them would go for this creation. So, I dusted down the pork chops with some of my Gettin' Roasted Season All and put them on direct and then put the apple halves on the indirect side.

Towards the end of the cook I sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar onto the apples and let them go until they were soft.

At this point, my kids were giving me "the look", that look that tells you that they aren't interested in eating something you just made. Then I got the idea, I know they like apple sauce. Out came the food pro, and into it went the apples and poof! Apple sauce! I served it up and the kids weren't sure at first but, once they tried it thought it was awesome.

It was by no means a complicated meal but, it was darn tasty and the spin on the applesauce was a home run.

Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

I love pork chops dipped in applesauce. Your meal looks fantastic! Great rocket too! :-D

Great lookin Chops! I like the Apple sauce idea too.

Did ya go for a spin in the rocket after dinner?

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog! That's a good looking meal right there Tom. :-D

Your wife did a great job on the cake also. :thumb: I hope you didn't scar the children with you cake cutting skilz.

Great lookin Chops! I like the Apple sauce idea too.

Did ya go for a spin in the rocket after dinner?
Sadly I cannot fit. I think the bigger kids were more upset by this than I was for, it was off limits to them as well.

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog! That's a good looking meal right there Tom. :-D

Your wife did a great job on the cake also. :thumb: I hope you didn't scar the children with you cake cutting skilz.
I'm sure I have scarred them with much worse already. :twisted:

Back