THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ajajbrent

Found some matches.
I am doing my first SRF Waygu brisket cook this weekend. I called them to ask certain cooking instructions and they mentioned the brisket will cook faster that other CAB briskets I have done in the past. The person on the phone also mentioned the perfect temp to cook the brisket to was 196. That seems a little low to me. I usually cook briskets to 203-205. Can anyone comment on the cooking time and finished temp?

I never cooked one but being that its a premo cut of beef i might even be inclined to start watching it around 190 pretty closely especially the first go, ya dont want to be disappointed with that cook.

I never cooked one but being that its a premo cut of beef i might even be inclined to start watching it around 190 pretty closely especially the first go, ya dont want to be disappointed with that cook.
I agree. Start checking sooner and don't cook brisket to temp. It's done when it's done.

finish temps differ with cooking temps. when cook at 235° - 240° my SRF will finish around 193°. when wrapped around 165° i really keep an eye on it at 185°.they finish fast. for instance, i have seen where they go from 185° to 193° in 20 minutes to 1 hour. depends on the cow.

I am very new to brisket, but with shoulders it seems the more marbling I have, the faster it finishes. I second the comments about checking sooner. Everything continues to cook after you take it off the smoker. I plan to try a waygu next competition. Good luck
with it!

finish temps differ with cooking temps. when cook at 235° - 240° my SRF will finish around 193°. when wrapped around 165° i really keep an eye on it at 185°.they finish fast. for instance, i have seen where they go from 185° to 193° in 20 minutes to 1 hour. depends on the cow.

This is really the key... If you are cooking hotter, the finish temp will be hotter.

But, either way, and regardless of the brisket type, cook it until it is probe tender, not a specific internal temp.

I am doing my first SRF Waygu brisket cook this weekend. I called them to ask certain cooking instructions and they mentioned the brisket will cook faster that other CAB briskets I have done in the past. The person on the phone also mentioned the perfect temp to cook the brisket to was 196. That seems a little low to me. I usually cook briskets to 203-205. Can anyone comment on the cooking time and finished temp?

Shane here with SRF. Agreed with the rest of the comments...don't cook to a specific temp. Start checking it around 190/195, but it's probe tender you're looking for. Most likely will be done sooner than you expect. Hope it's awesome!

Back