Making my own skewers

You got. Skills brother.... Hope to be up your way ..in the not so distant future... If you know what i mean. It is in the process.!!!:-D

I thought about it, but the general consensus was that it could probably put out a off taste.. That coupled with the fact that stainless was only about .20 more a piece online than the regular carbon steel, it was a no brainer.. They are very low maintenance and its pretty nice.. Just had to clean them last night. Took no time at all.

Nice work, Matt. Looking at your pics I see a workshop a lot like mine... using the table saw as an assembly table, metal working stuff, and scraps of exotic hardwoods that are destined to be something or other before I die.

Ha ha. Thanks. And I have sooooo much scrap wood. I just can't bring myself to throw it out! I know its still good for somethin'... just need to figure out what somethin' is...

Awesome work Matt! Best way to go about it by going custom and doing it yourself.

They're almost identical to mine with the exception of mine having pointy edges. Pierces through meat easily. I know I have other pics but at work now and this is what the edges on mine look like.

20150419_173223.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

20130816_195727_3_bestshot.jpg

20131224_180950.jpg

Awesome work Matt! Best way to go about it by going custom and doing it yourself.

They're almost identical to mine with the exception of mine having pointy edges. Pierces through meat easily. I know I have other pics but at work now and this is what the edges on mine look like.

Thanks, Sako.. It's your fault I even wanted these skewers... after seeing yours! Make no mistake, the end is sharp as hell... I took a while to get a nice edge on them, but I was thinking about doing them by hand on a stone too... make them realllllly nice and sharp, but that may be going a little overboard, no?

Last edited:
I thought about it, but the general consensus was that it could probably put out a off taste.. That coupled with the fact that stainless was only about .20 more a piece online than the regular carbon steel, it was a no brainer.. They are very low maintenance and its pretty nice.. Just had to clean them last night. Took no time at all.

you can buy carbon steel pans, so I would guess that isn't really the case...but at almost no difference in price, you might as well go with the stainless

Those are great looking skewers and spatula Shaggy. Too bad you don't live closer or I'd be hitting you up for some...

Back