Discussion/Entry Thread -> "Ribs" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Ribs!"

SparesonGrill_zps9c26ac66.jpg

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Beans"Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Shagdog said:
Morning Moose!

Next TD -

Ribs

No further info needed.

Mmmmm...ribs! :hungry:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/10 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/20/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/20.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Please accept this as my official entry. If possible I ask that an exception to the date be made by one day (10/09/14) as I needed to cook on Thur because I am busy this weekend through next (family is a good thing.) I understand if this will not be accepted due to the rules beginning on the 10th and this being done on the 9th.

Thanks,
Sean

RibsforTD_zps989172e2.jpg

Looks good jed, how do pork belly ribs differ from spares. There looks to be more meat on top.

official entry into the ribs throwdown

I love me some ribs, a good rib may just be my favorite kind of bbq (with the exception of a perfect brisket of course). No way I was gonna miss this throwdown. Got some spares and trimmed off the tips, leaving a good amount of brisket on the bones.

The rub was a 50/50 blend of bone sucking sauce rub (a good sweet rub) and my legendary ninja flash powder (a good salt and pepper based rub that creates a killer bark)

Here's the finished rack.

Dinner is served. Paired with classic sides and a bacon wrapped pepper

Please use this as my polling pic.

Thanks you for your consideration

ninja.gif

Nice looking bones Ninja... I have a beef short rib plank I'll do this weekend for the TD. Hope they look as nice as those...

Great cook Ninja! Nice lookin spares. Had some BBs in the freezer took em out to thaw so hopefully I can join the party!

Back