Smoked Wagyu Tri Tip

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Found some time to smoke a nice Wagyu Tri Tip. By far the best Tri Tip from our local butcher shop. Choice of cooking wood was Mulberry and smoking wood was Mesquite.

2yuenn8.jpg

169g940.jpg

xf9i6g.jpg

egz9mr.jpg

Wagyu tri-tip is incredible, rich though, really rich

Yes very rich, and extremely tender.. What I like:)

Holy Farkamole, does that ever look amazing!

Did you get the meat at the butcher in La Crescenta? What was the price per lb?

Holy Farkamole, does that ever look amazing!

Did you get the meat at the butcher in La Crescenta? What was the price per lb?

Yup, Harmony Farms is the shop. It used to be 9.99, however its gone up a bit. I believe i paid about $12 lb.

I don't want to sound like a hater, I am just ignorant on tri-tip. Is this cut better cooked more rare, especially with it being wagyu?

I don't want to sound like a hater, I am just ignorant on tri-tip. Is this cut better cooked more rare, especially with it being wagyu?
This cook looks wonderful to me, but I bet it would be equally great cooked as a triskit.

I cook mine medium well until the last one.

I went with medium. Much better.

Well I use normal tri tip.

Yup, Harmony Farms is the shop. It used to be 9.99, however its gone up a bit. I believe i paid about $12 lb.

Still, $12 a lb for Wagyu is a screaming deal. I may have to go get some. Was this Snake River Farms beef?

I've never had wagyu anything but that looks like a perfectly cooked tri tip regardless of pedigree.

When I saw the title of this thread, my instant internal response was "explicitive you". When I saw the pictures I went full on apoplectic.

Its all personal preference, but medium is best. Even if you overcook this its still going to be amazing because its so rich in marbling and flavor.

Back