• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Want a Shirley?

tcv21

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In the last 24 hours the wait went from November to January. The guys are staying busy and will not cut corners. It shows you the quality and the following that this company has. Proud to be part of them.

I am days away from getting the call that mine is ready and I cannot wait. They are quality people building quality products.

so how long until the wait is 12 months? hopefully there is something they can have a new employee or 2 do that won't compromise their outstanding quality. i love my Shirley but there is some point where too long a wait is just not good for business. i understand the whole good things come to those who wait and the wait is well worth it but...i guess i would still get one again even with the wait.:wink: but i have other cookers that i can use. if you have a small cooker and need to up-size a year might be too much. i guess for the Shirleys it is a good problem to have.:thumb: don't really know if i had a point...:crazy:

The good thing is that they have a full timer that starts soon for the summer that can weld just as good as Tyler and Paul. Ross (Tyler's brother) can stack dimes like no body's business. The plan is to get the appropriate levels of employees without compromising quality one bit.

The good thing is that they have a full timer that starts soon for the summer that can weld just as good as Tyler and Paul. Ross (Tyler's brother) can stack dimes like no body's business. The plan is to get the appropriate levels of employees without compromising quality one bit.

I believe Ross did a lot of the work on my cooker. It's s thing of beauty. He should be graduating high school in a few days if i remember correctly so maybe he can put in more hours around college vs high school. Good to know they have a plan in place.

I'll be placing an order soon I hope. I'll wait for quality.

Every business owner has to ask themselves how long can the good times continue? The last thing they want to do is bring too many new employees into the family only to lay them off down the road. I too wonder is the custom cooker craze a fad? Will there be an end to this demand? These are lifetime cookers that may last several generations at what point will the supply catch up with the demand? Also there is the hint the government/EPA may shut us all down some day. I'm guessing the Shirley's of the industry are asking these very same questions.

Wish I had the $$ for one. Have asked Paul a few questions...and have always gotten prompt, helpful replies. Has anybody ever had a problem with one of their Shirleys?

Never had one ounce of a problem at all. A great cooker. I have had mine for 2 years now.

I would gladly wait a year for one. Quality like that is worth it to me. Glad to hear they are doing well!

I got mine almost 3 years ago! I want to say the wait was 4 to 6 weeks. And I think it was mostly all Paul in those days, could be wrong though! I said it then and I'll repeat it again, when I buy another stickburner it will be a Shirley! Due to the fact they build great quality products but more importantly their customer service just blows the competition away!

I have owned 2 Shirley's. I'm down to 1 now. No problems at all. The wait sucks for sure. But I would wait for that level of quality any day. Also once you talk to Paul and Tyler it's like you are dealing with your best friend.you just don't get that feeling to many places.God is really blessing their business now.Paul left Monday with the fleet week cooker and Tuesday the mailbox is full of new deposits.

I know Shirley's are great cookers, but when did the general forum become a place for advertising? Are you guys a sponsor now or something?

Just asking.

I know Shirley's are great cookers, but when did the general forum become a place for advertising? Are you guys a sponsor now or something?

Just asking.

and surely they are losing customers by not increasing production.

I waited 6 months to have a custom surfboard shaped once, I had other boards to use in the meantime so the wait was no biggie to me. All my boards are custom so there is always a waiting period, get in the queue and when it's done it's like Christmas day.

Not advertising. There is a big Shirley following here.. just putting out information as I get it. I would expect any other manufacturer to use this conduit if they want :)

Just asking.

I don't see it as advertising. This forum is open to everyone's opinion and information.
When we're happy, excited and proud of something, we say it and we are allowed to say it as long as we're not bashing anyone else's products.

I'm sure there's a following for Weber, LSG and others. And it's ok to do that.

I do agree though that if takes longer than 6 months, I may reconsider my choices especially if I have a cook in mind that I need it for and especially if I've never owned/seen it firsthand.

Back