Box store stick burners on a budget

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So i'm thinking about getting a stick burner. My question is does anyone make a good one for under $500.00?

Oklahoma Joe longhorn. There's also a guy on here from where your at just purchased one from academy sporting good store. If I was in Oregon now, my hometown, I would be ordering one from academy. I just like the exhaust at grate level, and the ones from academy does that. Just my two cents.

Sorry just looked, he's from California. Still not too much difference I don't think.

Oklahoma Joe longhorn. There's also a guy on here from where your at just purchased one from academy sporting good store. If I was in Oregon now, my hometown, I would be ordering one from there. Just my two cents.

Sorry just looked, he's from California. Still not too much difference I don't think.

All of the Lowe's in OR have OK Joe's in stock.

My smoker is an Old Country BBQ Pits "Ranch Hand" smoker from Academy. Absolutely love it. They run around 300 dollars and are solid welded units with a heat deflector already welded in place at the firebox entrance. Going 3 years strong on mine.

+1 for the old country pits at Academy. They seem to be the heaviest construction in that price range.

Old Country Over and Under at Academy Sports would be my choice, very even grate temps with minimal modifications, it is $600 though. Then there is the traditional offset Old Country Pecos and Wrangler.

Something's not right!

Smittys MISSING!

ok...let's stay positive. maybe he got one of those jobs where you can't be on your phone or the boss gives you the evil eye.:evil:

Back