Hatch chimichurri dipping sauce was killer

BNr6Mjuh.jpg

Then the Porterhouse

mMEZXHrh.jpg

whe0JK9h.jpg

UNFtNEdh.jpg

Just perfect

ykLkIQhh.jpg

Lastly I bought a ton of wings the night before and didn't want to freeze them plus I had the fire going already

vyXYdFzh.jpg

ZL7smJNh.jpg

PfQK8Jah.jpg

Served with garden salad and savory slaw

rGjmcdSh.jpg

Oh and the dessert rocked at the end of a great meal :clap2:

QChUl4Nh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Killer looking grub... Keep meaning to ask you about those skewers. What brand? Where to buy? I've got the small crappy ones and need to use two to stop the meat/veg from spinning. Although for mushrooms, I'd think they'd just break them in half.

Killer looking grub... Keep meaning to ask you about those skewers. What brand? Where to buy? I've got the small crappy ones and need to use two to stop the meat/veg from spinning. Although for mushrooms, I'd think they'd just break them in half.

Thanks Andy!

I've had those for 20+ years and my uncle custom made them at the old factory he used to work at. I've recommended these quite a few brethren and they seem to be very happy or the price and quality. If I were to buy now I'd go with these. They do a lot of custom work around here and they're solid.

Different varieties, sized and styles

https://kabobmaster.com/collections/skewers

Very nice, love a good porterhouse :clap2: thanks for reminded me I still need to buy those skewers.

Absolutely top notch, Sako!

Quite the variety of flavors and styles... love the hatch chimichurri!

Skewer question - what width do you recommend? I've got some 1/4 inch that are just too skinny.

Seriously, I need to stop looking at your posts. You make me feel like such an underachiever.

All of it looks fantastic!

Very nice, love a good porterhouse :clap2: thanks for reminded me I still need to buy those skewers.

Absolutely top notch, Sako!

Quite the variety of flavors and styles... love the hatch chimichurri!

Skewer question - what width do you recommend? I've got some 1/4 inch that are just too skinny.

Thanks guys!!

I'd recommend 1/2" for chunk kabobs, and most cubed or meat cuts. I'd go 3/4" or 7/8" for ground or minced beef kabobs or wings.

Ones I use are 1/2" for meat chunks and I do have 7/8" for minced kabobs but 1/2" work well all around. Also be careful as these are extremely sharp at the tip.

1/4" is way to thin Marc. The meat just rotates on it.

Seriously, I need to stop looking at your posts. You make me feel like such an underachiever.

All of it looks fantastic!

Thanks Bill!

Honestly, I have to say the sous vide made the whole cook even more effortless. Gotta be on of the easiest ways to cook a great steak. :thumb:

Phenomenal cook on all fronts and what a cool way to do wings. See what you did there, now I want to buy yet another item I saw on here

Phenomenal cook on all fronts and what a cool way to do wings. See what you did there, now I want to buy yet another item I saw on here

Thanks Joe!

That's what we're here for. :-D Makes flipping or rotating them much easier. I use the fire basket from my LSG in my 26 Weber. Works great with charcoal or wood and whether I use the skewers or the grate.

OzXHHbjh.jpg

GPz2TxTh.jpg

Thanks Bill!

Honestly, I have to say the sous vide made the whole cook even more effortless. Gotta be on of the easiest ways to cook a great steak. :thumb:

I agree with you there. I cooked a handful of filets on Saturday that way, searing them on a cast iron pan I heated on the gas grill while grilling some vegetables. Great results and super low stress in terms of hitting the right temps and timing dinner.

Back