Taco Tuesday means Brisket Tacos topped with fresh ramps

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Smoked a brisket on Sunday and today is Taco Tuesday, so I present Brisket Tacos!

Did a little backwoods foraging today and picked some ramps.

ff807aa6d3c2d8541a43d45ecf9b7874.jpg

Sautéed the ramps in bacon grease on the Blackstone while heating up some taco shells.

d01273780a8f89a1b23b1ac974f378c0.jpg

Topped the brisket tacos with ramps, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños and Hell Hound hot sauce from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

d7052b0c9820a64f18b1823499f95253.jpg

8ec0e1b78e2e46ae4e3c5bbcafb14d5a.jpg

12ece636ed23cbd835eddff73bea59c6.jpg

Looks great bud. Gotta ask though. What I are ramps? The only ramps we have up here in my neck of the woods are on and off ramps on the freeway. They look good

Looks great bud. Gotta ask though. What I are ramps? The only ramps we have up here in my neck of the woods are on and off ramps on the freeway. They look good

Wild leeks. Only out a couple of weeks a year.
They’re delicious

Looks great! I also have never heard of ramps, but they sound good.

Lucky Dog makes some great hot sauces!! I met the owner at a hot sauce festival a few years back, great guy who’s dedicated to making sauces the right way and that have a great depth of flavor. I would highly recommend them to anyone who hasn’t tried them.

Doing brisket Sat. might have to save some for taco Tuesday as well. Thanks for the idea :-D

Those have to be some of the most amazing looking tacos to grace these pages! That is exactly how my plate would look, the first one anyway. Well done!!

Outstanding! Love shredded brisket. Very versatile. Two days after Xmas dinner my mom takes the left over brisket and makes flautas. Good eats.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Back