Finally got the first cook in on the Cascade IVC!

Music Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Finally got the time to make my first cook in the new pit. It's a lot of fun to cook on, and kept rock solid temps for me . The ribs came out great, and the pit is super fuel efficient. Thanks to Rob over at Cascade Smokers for building such a beautiful beast, and for all the support throughout the process. Can't speak highly enough of the customer service!

Attachments

• 4.11.21 Rib Cook 01.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 01.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 02.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 02.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 04.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 04.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 06.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 06.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 08.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 08.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 10.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 10.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 316
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! I cannot thank all of you enough for your posts throughout this site. I have learned so much from your collective knowledge and willingness to share it. The world of BBQ has really become a lot of fun for me, and I like the challenge. All the Brethren are a pretty bad ass group of folks.

Congrats on your new Que DeVille! I have the same unit. I have been cooking on it for about 2 years and I am still impressed by the ease of use and the quality of the food. Can't beat the quality of the build either.

I am seriously thinking of selling my offset because I never use it— too much work for similar results from the IVC.

Have fun.

It's a beauty. Either my eyes are deceiving me or maybe it's your camera it appears to be wider than a standard Que Deville?

No, your eyes are spot on. I was looking at the Que-Deville and the Continental, and could not decide which would fit my needs better. I liked the idea of being up a bit higher so I could load fuel and work the pit without bending down, but I wanted a little more space than the Que-Deville offered. I talked everything through with Rob and he sent me some pics of some other mods he had done. I really liked the wider box and staying up high. I ended up with just a tad bit less space than the Continental, but the layout of the Que-Deville. I'm liking it so far.

Smoker and ribs look great! I’ve looked quite hard at the Que Deville and am quite jealous :-D.

Are those short ribs, or just a huge pan? I know ribs don’t fit like that on any cookie sheet I have!

Smoker and ribs look great! I’ve looked quite hard at the Que Deville and am quite jealous :-D.

Are those short ribs, or just a huge pan? I know ribs don’t fit like that on any cookie sheet I have!

Full racks of St. Louis style and a huge pan.:becky:

My wife's large cookie pan has been stolen and placed in the BBQ arsenal. I had to replace it ten fold though.:shock:

Jason, Congratulations on that Big Beautiful Beast!!
Those Ribs look killer and a one trip pan is the only way to go.
Look forward to your future cooks!!

You're right, The Brethren are a great bunch of Guy's and the information and collective knowledge here can help anyone up their game, The Best Site I have ever found!

No, your eyes are spot on. I was looking at the Que-Deville and the Continental, and could not decide which would fit my needs better. I liked the idea of being up a bit higher so I could load fuel and work the pit without bending down, but I wanted a little more space than the Que-Deville offered. I talked everything through with Rob and he sent me some pics of some other mods he had done. I really liked the wider box and staying up high. I ended up with just a tad bit less space than the Continental, but the layout of the Que-Deville. I'm liking it so far.

Good to know my eyes are in decent working order.
The layout and configuration looks great.

Back