Meet the "New" Weber Summit Kamado

QB-Wan

Reaction score
They are finally up on the Weber website.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/charcoal-grills/summit-kamado-series/

The "E6" (no table, no starter) $999:

Weber E6 Summit Kamado

The "S6" (table & starter) $1,699:

Weber S6 Summit Kamado

Interesting that they are now marketing these as kamado grills.

The more expensive version with table has dropped 15%, while the base version (which also lost the problematic starter) has dropped 33%.

I think the base model at $999 looks like a winner. Perhaps the street price will be even lower in time.

Anyone interested?

No way would I pay $1700 for that. Maybe the $999, but after owning multiple kamado style grills I’ve grown to dislike the shape for cooking.

I was thinking about a ceramic grill. Wishing I could afford the Summit Charcoal but $2k! :shocked:
$999 for the Summit Kamado I could probably justify!

I still think the Weber 26 is better. If Weber made a 26 "kamado" id be in.

No way would I pay $1700 for that. Maybe the $999, but after owning multiple kamado style grills I’ve grown to dislike the shape for cooking.

I hear you on the price.

I personally view it more as an improved charcoal grill because-
1) the charcoal grate can be raised and lowered, a feature sadly lacking on the other Webers, and
2) it has the ability to go low and slow if you want to.

In theory it should outperform a basic Weber kettle for both grilling and smoking.

I’m not that familiar with the prior version. Other than a lower price (and I think larger cart) what are the differences?

Nope.
It costs a few $ more than a Assassin 48"
It's noted Assassin has some utterly ridiculous shipping costs... literally double what it cost ta have my Lsg shipped....so they ain't connected ta reality in that respect...At Weber's base pricing.

A third of the cost of a large insulated vertical from lsg. At Weber's base pricing

Half the cost of a mini, at Weber's base pricing.

Weber...stamped steel with a porcelain coating fer a sweet sum of a grand...half expected ta see the cheap as dirt plastic wheels on it, so congrats ta them fer recognizing their own stupidity.

I'll stick with my cheap as dirt 22" kettle and me hard owned coin.
Spend yer money how ever ya wish of course.

-D

Nope.
It costs a few $ more than a Assassin 48"
It's noted Assassin has some utterly ridiculous shipping costs... literally double what it cost ta have my Lsg shipped....so they ain't connected ta reality in that respect...At Weber's base pricing.

A third of the cost of a large insulated vertical from lsg. At Weber's base pricing

Half the cost of a mini, at Weber's base pricing.

Weber...stamped steel with a porcelain coating fer a sweet sum of a grand...half expected ta see the cheap as dirt plastic wheels on it, so congrats ta them fer recognizing their own stupidity.

I'll stick with my cheap as dirt 22" kettle and me hard owned coin.
Spend yer money how ever ya wish of course.

-D

I’ve got hands on experience with two Assassin grills, a 35” & 48”. Both have made me never look at them again. One was a personal grill and the other was a grill I got our manager to buy at work. Both had warped doors almost instantly. The one at work is so bad now no one even wants to cook on it anymore.

I’ve got hands on experience with two Assassin grills, a 35” & 48”. Both have made me never look at them again. One was a personal grill and the other was a grill I got our manager to buy at work. Both had warped doors almost instantly. The one at work is so bad now no one even wants to cook on it anymore.

I'll take yer word fer that, not sure anyone goes through cookers like ya do...so ya have credibility.
I laughed at their shipping qoute...I actually had ta call em back ta just enjoy the ridiculous of the moment. Appreciate the heads up...I'm hard on things so opinions from people who baby their equipment ain't applicable ta me day ta day.

-D

I don't understand...is this replacing the Weber Charcoal Summit "grill"...it's the same thing but renamed to 'Kamado'??? I'm so :confused: right now. The few difference I can see are from the units with the tables (and yeah, overpriced) are that the new kamado version has nicer wheels but is missing the metal table portion on the bottom (looks like it's just wired entirely on the bottom now and the new version is missing the black plastic charcoal bin (aka "trash can")?

Hmm...wonder if the "old" model will go on sale for BF? I'd been looking at picking one up but the prices on these things seem ridiculous.

I don't understand...is this replacing the Weber Charcoal Summit "grill"...it's the same thing but renamed to 'Kamado'??? .

I think that may actually be one of the “differences” they were going for. The original marketing wasn’t very compelling. They showered how you could replace about $750 of their other grills with the WSCG for the low price of $2000.

Calling it out as a Kamado helps people understand what it is and what they should be comparing it to - ceramics that are in the same price range.

Well at least they are calling it what they should have called it in the first place

I’m not that familiar with the prior version. Other than a lower price (and I think larger cart) what are the differences?

On the cart version, the half-solid bottom shelf is gone and so is the storage rack for the diffuser. Wheel caps have changed color and it gets a new Summit Kamado sticker. I'm not sure it comes with the plastic charcoal tote anymore - it lists a charcoal bag in the specifications.

It probably has a made in China sticker on it now too.

LOL right? Don't forget the wonky charcoal starter!

Here's a stainless steel table from a restaurant supply for $89:

Cheap Stainless Table
I've had the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center for over 3 years now and have never once had a problem with the gas assist. I clean it out about once every 6 months but that's about it. It works fine for me in either grate position.

Deals can be had if you look. I got mine not too long after release and got $500 off MSRP

Yeah, it was probably priced too high, but I absoultely love it.

So what is the diferences between the Summit and the Kamado non table version?

My 20 year old performer is on its last leg.

Could the Kamado replace my wsm and my performer?

Back