Galvinell's Meat Monkeys
Heavenly hogs BBQ
Big Chew Bar-B-Que
2 Rhodies BBQ
Tar River BBQ
Lil' Will's Southern Que
Whiskey Hill BBQ
Flavor Savor BBQ

Wife gave me a thumbs up. Just got to talk to work on Monday for an absolute guarantee. We are going to cook the backyard division for fun. As long as work says it's a go we will be there. She even said she would come with me surprisingly. Still going to go minimal as there is no way she can lift anything heavy. All lifting will be my job. Shouldn't be a problem getting off work for this but will have to wait and see.

I would really like to cook this, since it's the week after Triple Threat and I can just stay in the area. The thing is - right now it's not a qualifier. There is no proclamation on file with KCBS, and if I recall correctly they didn't bother to get one last year either. Unless they get one, they will need to hit 50 teams.

I would really like to cook this, since it's the week after Triple Threat and I can just stay in the area. The thing is - right now it's not a qualifier. There is no proclamation on file with KCBS, and if I recall correctly they didn't bother to get one last year either. Unless they get one, they will need to hit 50 teams.
They said they got one last year but it never materialized. Different person in charge this year; I'll ping them and see what's going on.

Just got the word from the boss. The one at work not the one at home. I got the days off so hopefully can get the app in before the weekend and get registered. So yeah I am over the moon excited to give this another go. We are going to be in for the backyard event. Should be a blast. I am excited to make my pulled pork. Ribs are hard for me to cook but hopefully all the practice pays off. Either way just going to worry about having fun and relaxing.

Latest list of teams:

[FONT=&quot]Smokin-n-Style
Knees In The Breeze All American BBQ
Zombie Barbecue
Galvinell's Meat Monkeys
Heavenly hogs BBQ
Big Chew Bar-B-Que
2 Rhodies BBQ
Tar River BBQ
Lil' Will's Southern Que
Whiskey Hill BBQ
Flavor Savor BBQ
JD'S SMOKIN' MISFITS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Old Virginia Smoke[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Eyz BBQ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lyin Pigs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serial Griller[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Poke N Smoke[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Southern Maryland Smokers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown Liquor BBQ[/FONT]

Just got the app filled out online and wrote the check and will mail it out. We are in for the backyard contest. As soon as I find a stamp it will be in the mail.

Just mailed the check so we are in. See all of you there. Just wondering if there is a list of backyard teams yet? Or does that cover everybody?

Just mailed the check so we are in. See all of you there. Just wondering if there is a list of backyard teams yet? Or does that cover everybody?

Come by our tent if you get a chance. We could have a beer and talk about q. We will be doing the pro side.

Yeah that would be cool. Feel free to drop by our site we are running a bare bones set up though. I am thinking about whipping up something earlier in the day once are set up as long as the budget allows for it and you are welcome to have some of whatever I come up with. We are seriously only running a WSM 14.5" for the competition. Probably have a work light hung from a pole that use to be my pop up tent. It got destroyed in a wind storm that we did not know was coming. Rather than throwing it out we repurposed part of it. This is definitely going to be insane running the shoe string budget and undersized setup. Should be a blast.

Up to 23 teams now:

[FONT=&quot]Smokin-n-Style
Knees In The Breeze All American BBQ
Zombie Barbecue
Galvinell's Meat Monkeys
Heavenly hogs BBQ
Big Chew Bar-B-Que
2 Rhodies BBQ
Tar River BBQ
Lil' Will's Southern Que
Whiskey Hill BBQ
Flavor Savor BBQ