Yoder Wichita owners: Capacity?

SlowSmoked

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi all.... anyone own or use a Yoder Wichita? I'm wondering what the capacity is... How many briskets, butts and chickens can it cook @ once.

thx

I don't own one, but I hate starting a thread posting and no one responds. So, I am going to make a educated guess. I own a 24"x48" custom built offset smoker. I would guess about 4 ~15lb brisket packers, or 8 whole chickens, or 8 butts. It may depend if the pit has a heat deflector out of the firebox on how close you can get it. That could reduce the capacity down to 3, 6, 6.

These numbers are all on the bottom cooking grate, top would be half of these numbers or less.

I would suggest if the budget allows for it to go with the Kingsman or my choice would be the Stockton (lots of space). You can't get full aluminum pans across a 20" pipe barrel.

Looking at the specs it's the same size as my RecTec. I've seen people post pics with 8 butts on it (tight) and 6-8 racks of ribs -- if they aren't too long. Similar story on the brisket, 4 would fit as long as they weren't too long to fit front to back.

That's on the main level btw. If you are ordering the second shelf then obviously you'd have some more.

Back