All smoker Fried Chicken....All Done, worried for Nothing! lol

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've cooked all smoker fried chicken in the Jimmy but never the mini. Got the mini loaded up with homemade lump and apple....this lump burns stupid hot too. Going with no diffuser and the chicken is frozen.....Fingers crossed!

Panko, flour and jerk rub...olive oil binder

Not much space separating the food from what will be a real hot fire!

Here we go!

Last edited:
You're the chicken king, what can go wrong????

Oh plenty trust me! One it's frozen and i'm trying to basically fry it. lol

Next it's some pretty volatile hot burning lump and i got the chicken/grease maybe 12 inches above it.

I'm keeping the mixture of air to it low for now and it's cooking 375. When it get's toward 130 flip the chicken and i'll letter rip.

Frozen just means you will get a little more smoke flavor. If that coal get that's hot you want have to cave man it at the end.

Takes one less step out of the process.

Frozen just means you will get a little more smoke flavor. If that coal get that's hot you want have to cave man it at the end.

Takes one less step out of the process.
Oh yea no cave man needed on this! You should have seen it when i flipped it...it'll be crisp for sure!

Cool. I tried my hand at making it, but mine was not consistent. Even from the same tree.

Not knowing what type of retort you use i think the key to getting consistent charcoal all the way through is doing a very hot fire and when the combustion gasses stop burning it's pretty much done... also not using too big of splits.

Back