New Grill Shopping Questions

I pondered on the same question and i recently ordered an Assassin 48 Charcoal Grill. I am hoping to use it for grilling and smoking, so i can get rid off a few items from my patio.

Great choice!

I’m late to the discussion but would also have suggested you consider the Assassin 48. It is a versatile cooker, excellent at both smoking and grilling. I have been very happy with mine.

If you haven't already, look into the Open Range or Heritage from The Good One. Their different take on an offset allows you to grill directly over the firebox, as well. My Heritage has lots of room for feeding a crowd or cooking the Thanksgiving turkey and pecan pie at the same time, and it's nice to use one batch of charcoal/wood for a reverse sear on thick steaks. I generally use my Weber kettle for the burgers and brats (though slow-cooked reverse seared burgers on the Heritage are amazingly juicy when I take the time).

If I was you I’d be lookin realllll hard at the M1!

Hey brethren...

Could not help to chime in here and break some news on the 2021 M1 since it has been in discussion.

The newly upgraded M1 will feature an all stainless steel stack, 1/4" thick all stainless steel firebox door, new semi gloss powder coated finish, and last but not least... an all new integrated 12 gauge stainless steel top shelf extension. You might think the price on this is going to sky rocket but not a chance. All of this for the same price!

Stay tuned, we should start shipping these out late October.

Congratations on y'alls 10 year anniversary! That's an awesome "gift" idea you have going there, good luck with your decision. The brethren are throwing out some great ideas...

You've got my mind spinning now...our 10 year is coming up in November... Just got my MB 1050, and my wife says I.have a "cooker problem"...I.tell her I dont have near as many as a lot of folks on the bbq forum. My defense doesn't do me any good...

Maybe I can somehow interject this anniversary gift idea into conversation with the wife...and set my sights on that smokeless muzzleloader I've been wanting....

Back