What would you charge?

RuBBQCo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was recently asked to cater a wedding shower for 50 people, but all they want me to do is the meat (ribs and pulled pork) as they will be doing the sides “pot-luck” style. I haven’t done a job like this before where I did not also do the sides, but this is for a friend of the family so I thought I’d give it a shot. I have an idea of what I’d like to charge, but would like to get the opinions of some seasoned vets as I am still in my first year of catering.

Thanks in advance!

RuBBQCo

I'd sell it to them by the pound for pork and by the rack for ribs with a minimum order and if they want on site catering then I'd tell them we only do that if we provide all the food. I'd charge $12 per Lb for pork and $24 per rack for ribs but you need to figure what you should charge based on your costs.

Thanks HBMTN! I was thinking along the same lines of charging per LB and per rack.

As far as amounts are concerned, I was thinking approx. 25lbs of raw pork and 8-10 slabs of STL style ribs (keeping in mind that sides will be available as well). Thoughts on my amount calculations?

Thanks HBMTN! I was thinking along the same lines of charging per LB and per rack.

As far as amounts are concerned, I was thinking approx. 25lbs of raw pork and 8-10 slabs of STL style ribs (keeping in mind that sides will be available as well). Thoughts on my amount calculations?

We suggest 5oz of pulled pork per person and for ribs I ask the client how many bones per person they would like but I suggest 2-3 per person.

Back