• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Enough food for 25 to 30 adults???

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey everybody, expecting 25 to 30 adults and just a handful of children to eat this:

14 lbs (precooked) of boneless pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches.

Two 5 lb. brisket flats

Three whole chickens, young fryer size, spatchcocked.

Four to Six racks of St. Louis cut spares.

100 ABT's

Beer, sides, dessert...what say you caterers???

And yes, plenty of PRON after Saturday.

The tough part will be timing. Hot and fast for pork shoulder and brisket starting really early, around 0400 wake up time for me. Ribs will go on around noon then chickens in the UDS around 2. Aiming for a 5:00 meal time Saturday evening. Expecting everything but the ribs to get a couple hours in a cooler give or take.

Sounds like a great time to me. We will be feeding a similar of people amount first week in June and you have given me some ideas.

You will have plenty of left overs, guests could take some home. Not a bad thing unless your trying to make a profit then you need to back off your food some.

for what it is worth

We did a catering job last week for 27 adults and 5 kids. Buffet style 10lbs cooked weight of pulled pork, 8 slabs of st louis ribs, full pan of slaw, full pan of mac and cheese and full pan of baked beans. All the ribs were eaten, 3/4+ of pork, all the mac and cheese and 90% of the slaw and baked beans. Plus buns and sauce.

apple7769:your post reminded me of a discussion my wife and I had last night... do you typically find the ribs go fast/completely?

42BBQ: what temps are you looking for with your hot&fast?

We find people like ribs first, but don't like to order them because of price. They are not a good item for buffet because people tend to over serve themselves. We warn people about the serving size issue.
Pork starts at 350 degree temp and finishes at 300. Ribs start at 300 and finish at 250.

Back