Smithfield pork codes

enasnidx

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I don't know all the codes for Smithfield ribs and butts. Does someone have them? I got an email from Smithfield regarding their codes for ordering from Mason Brothers, but the last case of STL Primes I got doesn't match that code. Are product codes specific to distributor?

I don't know all the codes for Smithfield ribs and butts. Does someone have them? I got an email from Smithfield regarding their codes for ordering from Mason Brothers, but the last case of STL Primes I got doesn't match that code. Are product codes specific to distributor?

Contact Borgy. I have a very small grocery store that Mason Bros distributes to. If you have a Mason Bros supplied store, let him know

btw, I thought that spreadsheet was a little f'd compared to how Ive got them

Did you have primes or prime reserve from sams

These were the regular Primes from a butcher shop. Per the email from Smithfield it should have been item #884635, but this is what was on the case. Reason I ask is because they actually ordered the wrong case for me and I want to get another order in, but I want to give them the case item number so that they don't screw it up again!

rib%20case_zpsaw0as3rq.jpg

Anyone know of a place in San Diego where I can order cases like this?

Rib specs for food service (as opposed to retail codes) will normally be pretty tight on weight. If you are selling racks, you don't want one to be 2.5# and the next one to be 4#. I don't see this product code in the database, but I don't think they normally market Primes to the food service market, so it is probably a special Prime 3#and down product code.

Typically, 3# and down is about as heavy as you will find for food service, but you can ask if they have a heavier product code. Typically, the heavier, comp worthy, racks go to retail channels in mixed weight cases. Any grocery store selling Smithfield/Farmland could order these for you if they want to. You will get maybe 3-4 you can use for comps out of a case.

Yep. I wasn't intended to get the primes, but they got the wrong ones from their distributor.

I have never ordered from them. We might have to look into them

I have never ordered from them. We might have to look into them

Good people. They have a store up in Crosslake also. I just wish their distributor had gotten some better case the ribs in…

Back