Talk about "Bragging Rights"...

Smokesignalsfromtx

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I purchased my Backwoods Smoker almost two years ago which started a "poop" talking contest that led a buddy and myself to start this "friendly" little backyard competition for bragging rights. The first year we had three teams participate, and had a blast! This year, we up'd the ante. We had trophies made and even asked the local Fire Department to be the judges. Well, it was "game time" Six teams this year! The end result was really AWESOME and I can't help myself bragging about it! Of the six teams PrincessofQ and myself placed 1st overall using my BACKWOODS PARTY G2!

Second place overall was.....get this!, OUR KIDDOS!, Team "Young Guns"! Using our pimped out 22.5 WSM!

After hanging out with us at our first two competitions, the kiddos had a great time and wanted to form their own team and start cooking. Each had their own category they were responsible for, and practiced it for a good two months before the contest. They missed first place by a nose!

WE ARE DEFINITELY TWO PROUD PARENTS! :clap:

NOW THATS BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!:bow:

Looks like a great idea to get everybody involved...a little civic exposure for everybody is always a good thing as well...congrats!

next year i'm in too!!! do i have to buy a seat ticket for a 22.5" wsm on southwest? :grin:
really though, it's great when the kids start getting into Q. great family fun. enjoy it!!!

next year i'm in too!!! do i have to buy a seat ticket for a 22.5" wsm on southwest? :grin:
really though, it's great when the kids start getting into Q. great family fun. enjoy it!!!

Lol! Love to have ya! Be careful though, the kiddos ain't playn!

Back