• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Earl's Inaugural Wood Fired Pizza

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got a pizza stone as an anniversary gift a couple weeks ago and tried it out for the first time tonight.

Crust was a Pillsbury Artisan Crust topped with a commercial tomato basil sauce, turkey pepperoni, orange bell peppers, black olives and a pizza blend cheese. We went simple and basic on everything since this was a first attempt to keep the variables to a minimum.

I cooked the pizza on the firebox side of Earl. Not sure what the temp was but it was above the limits of the ET732. Cooking chamber of Earl was up around 420F, so I estimate that I was up over 700F on the firebox side.

1471189_10103823864945870_367917854_n.jpg

988338_10103823864821120_2049978886_n.jpg

60605_10103823865090580_162703289_n.jpg

One side of the bottom was burnt, the side shown was about perfect. I think I need to operate a bit cooler and with a more even spread of coals below...

Suggestions are welcome, as well.

The more even spread would be more important then the lower temp. The best pizzas in NY are done very very hot.

That looks right proper, 'yalls know how to cook a pizza

were you going for that shape?

That looks right proper, 'yalls know how to cook a pizza

were you going for that shape?
Nope, it just happened and I wasn't gonna bother trying to re-roll it into a better shape. :p

Hell yes Peeps. I'll take the burnt end pizza. I like everything well done with bark-except steak. I like the non green bell also.

Looks like a fun cook.

The more even spread would be more important then the lower temp. The best pizzas in NY are done very very hot.
Yeah, I think so...I peaked at the bottom a minute or 2 before I pullled it off but looked at the part that wasn't burnt (or burning), so I let it ride a bit longer...

Thats a slice I wouldnt mind paying for!!! Looks like earl should cook pizza more often
I agree! He will be doing this on the regular ;)

Hell yes Peeps. I'll take the burnt end pizza. I like everything well done with bark-except steak. I like the non green bell also.

Looks like a fun cook.
We prefer any color bell over green.

It was a great learning experience. I also learned I can get my vertical chamber hot as hell, too ;)

I also like a grilled pizza occasionally without a pizza stone just on the great adds a different flavor. We grill the dough for a minute then flip it and then put the toppings and sauce on

I also like a grilled pizza occasionally without a pizza stone just on the great adds a different flavor. We grill the dough for a minute then flip it and then put the toppings and sauce on
A friend on Facebook suggested the same...I will give it another go but with a more even coal bed and/or buy a peel so I can spin it easier. Pending results on the next try, I may try this method in the future.

I can only suggest you send a slice my way :laugh:

Great lookin pie there peeps.

Love pizza, thats a great looking cook right there. The ingredients are just right.
Looks like a successful first attempt.

Back