• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

GrillGrates for Weber Genesis (EP-330)

SCSportsman

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I ordered a set of GrillGrates last week and they just showed up. Go the whole set (5) at 19.5" so they fit the Genesis perfectly. They also fit my Louisiana Grill Country Smoker (has identically dimensioned grates as the Weber), so I'll be able to sear on the pellet smoker too.

Pics to follow later after I have some time.

Any recommendations on seasoning/breaking in?

:clap2:

No need to season, just wash and cook! GrillGrates work really.....great. :caked:

You're going to love those GGs. I've been using them for 6-7 years now, first on an old Traeger 125, then for my Weber Performer and now for my YS-640.

Re seasoning...I tried the seasoning route with the first set, and found out they'll season just fine on their own through use. They get so hot, they'll burn off any oil you put on them. What I did with subsequent sets was use a little extra oil on the meat/veggies for the first few cooks. The GGs will develop a nice gold patina after awhile.

Re cleaning...Most of the time, just run the sporkula (I think they call it the Grate Tool, the spatula/fork thingy) upside down through the troughs after each cook to clean the gunk out. After about 5 years of use, I had a brain fart and decided to throw them in my convection oven on self-clean. That worked GREAT! Well, EXCEPT for one little thing...the cleaning generated a LOT, I mean a LOT of smoke. If I didn't have a "vented to the outside" OTR hood, I'd have set off every smoke detector in the house. The inside of my oven now has that same gold patina as the GGs.

Silly me.:roll:

Edit: Also, don't be afraid to use them rail-side down. The bottom flat surface make a great griddle for things like burgers.

Well, here are a few pics...

1st is the SS grates in the EP-330

2nd is with the SS removed and replaced with GrillGrates

3rd is the first cook. Turned out great!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 212
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 213
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 212
The only issue I have, and you can't see it in the pictures, is that the grates stick up higher than the SS grates and the front edge of the grill lid hits the grates and doesn't close all of the way.

I'm gonna have to bevel or trim the grates to allow the lid to close fully. Any ideas on the best way to do that cleanly? I'm thinking compound miter saw with a carbide 80 tooth wood blade?

Looks good. How much did it cost you all total? I have the SP-330 (stainless model) and have thought about those whenever I can convince the wife that I need to replace the grates.

As far as cutting, I might ask on the GrillGrates webpage. They probably have an idea.

Right around 150 including the tool. ATBBQ has them precut for the Genesis in sets of 2,3,4 and 5 (which covers the entire grill).

Cooked on them again tonight with great success (no pun intended).

Edit: Also, don't be afraid to use them rail-side down. The bottom flat surface make a great griddle for things like burgers.

:doh::doh::doh: Why on earth haven't I thought about this???

Thanks for jolting my brain.

The only issue I have, and you can't see it in the pictures, is that the grates stick up higher than the SS grates and the front edge of the grill lid hits the grates and doesn't close all of the way.

I'm gonna have to bevel or trim the grates to allow the lid to close fully. Any ideas on the best way to do that cleanly? I'm thinking compound miter saw with a carbide 80 tooth wood blade?

I, too, was thinking about eventually getting grill grates for my new Genesis EP-330. But if they don't fit properly, i.e., don't allow the grill lid to close tightly, I think that would discourage me from getting them. That's disappointing.

JP

This is a picture from GrillGrate's facebook page, but this is exactly the bevel I need to put on the grates to allow the lid to close fully. I do have an email in with GG, so I'll let everyone know what they recommend.

Other than this, I absolutely love these grates!

Attachments

• Beveled GG.jpg
    Beveled GG.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 172
Just an update:

I received a response from GG the next day recommending that I use a carbide blade on the compound miter saw. I'll give it a try this weekend and report back.

Back