• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

weber rotisserie?

bwodun

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
so i am thinking of getting the weber rotiss for doing the tday turkey this year, and have a question or two, what is the true weight the motor will handle, i am doing a 16ish# turkey, will it be able to handle that weight well, or better question, what is the max weight you have personally subjected it too successfully, would i be able to do say a suckling pig, boned and wrapped in a porchetta style, in the 25-30# range in the future, dont want to drop the money if it is only going to be able to do poultry or small cuts of meat ie boneless lamb leg(which i love and do every easter) small beef roasts etc, thanks for any advice or tips, cameron

It did a 18 or 19# turkey for me last year no problem. I'll let someone else chime in on anything bigger.

Balancing the rotisserie is most important. If completely balanced the stress on the motor is minimal. It comes with a counterweight for this. I would say properly balanced you can go well over 20 lbs. If it's not balanced you run the risk of burning out the motor. Did I mention it should be balanced?

What Ninja said. It's all about the balance. Done several 22#+ birds on mine with no issues. Just find the balance point when skewering, and all will be well. Don't, and your motor will tell you quickly by singing the blues.

It's official weight limit is 20#s. I want one bad but my wife just bought a dyson vacum.

Pretty easy to make one from a drum. You can make a ring for the kettle or hit up the chicken king (Fwismoker) for plans on a dedicated bird barrel. Both options are way less them buying one from weber.

I got the weber kit as a gift and it's great, but I never would have paid that $ myself.

thanks for the feed back, if i had any kind of fabricating skills i would try to make one, but i am all thumbs when it comes to that sort of thing, so the 149.99 might be worth the stress and frustration it would save the wife and my liver:grin::laugh:

Back