• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Buffalo Turds

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm doing a mix this weekend. Some with italian sausage, some with brisket etc.... I've always used fresh peppers. Anybody tried using pickled jalapenos? Any suggestions on changes in the prep or cooking?

i used pickled once, they fell apart. They were store bought and mushy to start with. I';ll nNever do that again. I use mexican 3 cheese mixed with the cream cheese. then whatever I can find to mix with that.

willkat98 said:
Any good substitutions on the cream cheese? Can't stand that crap. (And don't even go to Rigotta (sp))

experimenting with chile rellenos I came up with a fairly tasty mix of sour cream and sonoma jack. Not sure if that's the direction you wanted to go though

Thanks Jorge, but on my no way list is:
Any cheese you can eat with a spoon (Cream, Rigotta, etc.), Sour Cream, and any cheese I call shelf cheese (not in the refridgerator section.

This includes Velveeta, Parmesian (hate that crap),cheez wiz, and tops of the list, Macaroni and Cheez. Powdered cheese. I hate that POOPIE the most, and of course I have to cook it every night cuz the 4 year old is addicted.

So I was thinking of the Mexican cheese blend and some bacon bits (real) with some cajun seasoned rice or mash taters.

willkat98 said:
Any good substitutions on the cream cheese? Can't stand that crap. (And don't even go to Rigotta (sp))

Is it Greek ?

willkat98 said:

Reeeeee-goooooo-taaaa! :lol:

Instead of using the cream cheese you should try other things that would spread nicely:

Tofu (seasoned and pureed)
Mashed potatos (seasoned) (you might also try other veggies like turnips, yams, and such)
Various chees slices (swiss, provalone, gouda, etc)
Extra thick Alfredo sauce
Thick chunky mustard
Horse radish

With some of these items you might want to use less of it and more meat. You might also try some combinations of the above, like horse radish mixed with mashed potatos in a turd with briskit. Just try everything and you will know what is best for you when you taste it.

How about buffalo mozarella? It comes in a cylinder and you can cut it to fit
the buffalo turds.

Put some Southern Flavor on it, it'll be tasty.

Rice sounds interesting though - and I'm sure Brian agrees.

Great ideas folks.

Mashed spiced yams. That could be interesting.

Spiced barly too

Just thought of another: baked beans.

BBQ Baked beans and cheese inside a jalepeno, wrapped in bacon. God, the line to the toilet would reek.

i have regularly used just shreaded mexican 3 cheese. I add whatever else to it but add it warm and it melts the cheese a little, and makes it stuff into the pepper easier.

add one little blue pill per turd. you know, to keep that fat absorption down.

with a wireless laptop, brian can actually be "working from home" on the outdoor turlet.

while enjoying atomic buffalo turds (back on topic, sort of)

I can't stand cream cheese either. After you've browned the sausage, dump some pre-cooked rice in the skillet to grease it up a little and sprinkle in some Spontaneous Combustion habanero powder. I've made turds using mashed black beans too.

Store bought pickled japs are usually parboiled and will turn to mush as Phil Attests. I've used home made pickeled hot cherry peppers that held together. but my favorite is baby poblano's (which you will have to grow because nobody sells them). I also agree with Phil about using shredded cheese. Any kind, Mozarella included.

Back