Pulled Chicken Pizza

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
For this weeks Pulled Throwdown I wanted to create something a bit lighter to recover from last weeks Funnel Cake tower. I decided to make a Pulled Chicken Pizza.

I started by rubbing breasts with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub
RubbedBreasts.jpg

I cooked them over high heat with a chunk of apple wood for smoke to an internal temperature of 155F.
BreastsOn.jpg

BreastsDone.jpg

I gathered the rest of my ingredients for the pizza. I made dough the night before and let it slow rise in the refrigerator. The cheeses are mozzarella and smoked gouda. The sauce is BigButz Hot sauce.
Ingredients.jpg

I tossed the pulled chicken with BigButz Hot Sauce.
PulledChicken.jpg

I made the pizza by laying down sauce, cheese, then the chicken and sliced onions and put it onto a baking screen
RawPizzawithFlowers.jpg

I threw the dampers open on my egg and put the pizza on at 650F.
CrankingtheTemp.jpg

PizzaonEgg.jpg

The Pizza was done in under 5 minutes. It was finished with a sprinkling of cilantro. The moist pulled chicken went beautifully with the sauce, onions, smoked cheese. The crust was nice and crisp on the outside and had a great chew to it. A great lazy Sunday lunch!
WholefinalPizza.jpg

FinalCloseu.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my Pulled Chicken Pizza.

Last edited:
OMG... with maters running out my ears, I am thinking about the Alabama tomato mod to compliment the cilantro... that is the bomb.

It looks like that hot temp would roast tomatoes without getting too suggy... wait. 650 degrees... should have kept me egg? :)

Way to go, smokejumper!

BTW - Are you a firefighter? My Dad was a firefighter for 30 years.

OMG... with maters running out my ears, I am thinking about the Alabama tomato mod to compliment the cilantro... that is the bomb. It looks like that hot temp would roast tomatoes without getting too suggy
Tomatoes work great on grilled pizza and won't water out the crust too much if you thin slice them and put them on top of the cheese. We do this with marinaras sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil, and chopped garlic a.k.a. Pizza Margherita

Wow, nice pizza pie, you like the hot sauce then?
I do like the BigButz Hot sauce and it was perfect for this pie with it's fruity and sweet flavor and touch of heat although the hotter No Butz made with Bhut Jolakia is my everyday goto sauce from Tom's lineup. Our family went through a full 6 pack of various BigButz Sauces and had to call my Mother-in-Law to bring the last of this bottle over from her fridge while I wait for USPS to get me my next batch from Wisconsin.

How was the beer? I don't think I've tried that one.
Hinano from Tahiti is a good BBQ lager as it is crisp and has a light malty taste with good yeast flavor and doesn't overpower food with hops. It is very drinkable - I had three!

Dang... do you deliver? :laugh: Looks like the perfect meal to me!

I may be 9-months late to the party here...but this just became dinner tonight.

Back