Good sous vide vacuum sealer?

tbag

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Im looking for a good vacuum sealer,but I'm not sure which one to pick.

Anyone heard of Polysciene vacuum sealer 150 series?
Any good? I can get a good price on this unit.

I have read a few places that the vacuum sealer does seal the bags but after a little while (either in the fridge og freezer) the seal is not air tight anymore.

Anyone had that same experience? If thats so then I will not buy one (at least not a cheap one)

I have read a few places that the vacuum sealer does seal the bags but after a little while (either in the fridge og freezer) the seal is not air tight anymore.

Anyone had that same experience? If thats so then I will not buy one (at least not a cheap one)

Never had that happen with my Food saver unit, and you can double seal if needed.

I've used both the PolyScience and the FoodSaver. Although I prefer the FoodSaver machine, the PolyScience plastic rolls are cheaper. I haven't tried the PolyScience Bag on the FoodSaver machine to see if it works, though.

I have the Weston and I have had items lost in the back of the freezer almost 2 years old and they are still vac-sealed as tight as they were when they came off the vac-sealer. The food is fresh, has no freezer-burn, and no off flavors.

Even when boiling food in the food safe microwaveable/boilable bags they retain their vac-seal with no air inside..

Maybe the unit others were using wasn't making a proper seal or maybe were not sealed correctly. Something wasn't properly sealed if it is no longer air-tight as you described.

I've used both the PolyScience and the FoodSaver. Although I prefer the FoodSaver machine, the PolyScience plastic rolls are cheaper. I haven't tried the PolyScience Bag on the FoodSaver machine to see if it works, though.

The foodsaver can use any standard micro-channel bag. Even the inexpensive Vac-Master bags and rolls.

Back