American Royal cooking opportunity

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So you want to cook the American Royal Open and for what ever reason you haven't pulled the trigger for 2014. It's too far to haul my stuff, I don't know if I can complete in that massive event, I just don't know. No more excuses, we can help you out.

Long way to travel?
We'd be happy to provide you use of our enclosed comp/vending trailer including equipment (FEC, BWS, CS, WSM to name a few, cambro, tables, knives, etc) and also have a 5th wheel we can bring down. If we don't have what you need, we can help you line it up and have it in the space waiting for you (including supplies).

Not sure of your game?
Let some former American Royal Open Grand Champions help you out. You decide if that means drink beer, wash dishes, run boxes and/or help with flavor profiles, cooking techniques, presentation.

Other reason?
Let us hear it.

Why?
Boondoggle BBQ has pretty much taking the year off and we'd would like to see if any team is interested "cooking with us". We have a prime spot and we’ll probably be cooking more again next year so we reserved our spot in order to keep it for future years. It’s the closest spot to turn-in’s, has good wind blockage and while not on the dark side, has good people traffic.

It’s a D size (40x25). The space fee is $500, electric is $35 extra per outlet. We’ve never reserved a port-a-pot for this space as a bank of them is within 20 second walk and the locker rooms (shower/real restroom) are about a minute’s walk away. On last year’s map it’s spot 645 – literally 30-40 yards from the turn in tables
http://i2.saffireevent.com/files.ashx?t=fg&f=2013_map(1).pdf&rid=AmericanRoyal

Requirements:
1) Looking for a team that is interested in contributing financially for expenses
2) Don and I will be included as part of the team in order for us to keep this spot in our name - again, you decide to what capacity

We’re happy to discuss options with teams that may be interested. Serious inquiries, private message myself and DMDon. If we don't find a serious inquiry, we will be there competing our butts off trying for that crown (any given Sunday).

PS - American Royal is the first weekend in October - open turn ins are on Sunday.

Attachments

• American Royal 2009 Announcement.jpg
    American Royal 2009 Announcement.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 685
WOW :shocked: What an opportunity. Wish I could afford it. The angel on my left shoulder is saying I'm not ready for that yet :pray: and the devil on my right shoulder is saying man up and see if you can hang with the big boys :boxing: I'll consider it if my finances change :decision::decision::decision:

It will be our first year there so we'll have to swing by and see how this pans out :-D. Very cool opportunity.

Turn it into a real-time class. Sell 5 slots at, say $200 each. You could cover your costs and have 5 hung ho, thankful pitb*tches leaning at the Royal from a Royal champion.

Oh man, if I would have seen this a couple weeks ago before I sent them my money I would have been in.

Wish I had the funds to do it this year. Still a pretty low budget operation here. Just doing the KCBS ones in my state is about all i can handle so far.

Can an Invitational team cook out of the spot? Or does it have to be Boondoggle? The coach is really making it enticing

Can an Invitational team cook out of the spot? Or does it have to be Boondoggle? The coach is really making it enticing

I know it has been done in the past. I'm not sure if changes in the last couple of years allow that or not now. I'm assuming you will cook as Triple Ringer BBQ if you cook with Bobby and Don?

Thanks to those who have inquired about this so far. We're reading thru the messages and responding now.

Another team looked into that earlier in the week. My understanding is that starting this year, the Royal is requiring Invite teams to also enter the Open ... so I don't think that idea will work. But that would have been ideal.

We were allowed to change our team name, so we signed up using a different name so "the new team" would have to cook under that name.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity! I have never competed and smoke on my own but nothing near competiton level. Depending on what the actual price would be I might be interested in being beer/fire b*tch help with anything that I can just to learn the ropes and see what competition is really all about!

Holy cow a chance to cook with Boondoggle! Wow wee Wow wow wow. Damn I wish I was closer. So does my wife. We would love to cook with Bobby and Don. I would make Skippy Burgers again. :)

I hope whoever does it realizes the opportunity and yes the spot is primo.

Back