Highpoint BBQ Battle, MD

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone seen a prize list for this event (not that I'd be getting any)? I'm on the fence about signing up. I emailed them about a week ago and have yet to hear back. Anyone done this one before?

We've done it the last two years. It doesn't pay great but it's OK. I do it because it's close to home. They aren't the best at communicating. The first year had 16 or 17 teams, last year's mudfest had 30 some.

They are slow at communicating. We were there last year in the rain and mud. Their website says they don't supply electric, but, last year they did. I advised then to update their site if they were going to supply electric because teams will not sign up if there is no electric available, even if there's an additional charge. Prize money is small. They've been struggling with sponsors, like a lot of other comps. I'm probably going to sign up, if they provide electric. I don't need much, but, I don't want to haul a generator and gas.

I think they did a good job with this event last year (the only time I've been). It's a challenging venue when it rains, but the organizers put on a nice cooks dinner and they do pay in cash. And it's a fundraiser so there's that too. Mike had mud up to his knees all weekend Fortunately I had my Boggs boots on.

Back