• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I Might Be A Smash Burger Convert

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
As detailed in another post, I received a Hunsaker griddle plate for Christmas. Tonight was my second run at smash burgers on it and I am hooked. Something about that caramelization just works.

ibkIuJQl.jpg

6mmIfFel.jpg

fjFLpc8l.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Looking good. I like both a thin smash burger and a thick regular grilled burger, so I make them about 50 percent of the time each. Each has merits, but love the sear of the smash burger.

A good smash burger is hard to beat :thumb: yours look pretty delish

I hear ya Matt and yours are looking fantastic. I played around with some half pounders too. Which is nice, you get the hard caramelization and a thick juicy patty.

That looks good. Throw some onions on there and grill them then smash the burger on top. Whole new level of delicious.

I never understood a pan/griddle fried burger. I hated cooking them, they weren't that different. They just seemed to be substandard. For some reason cooking them outside on the Blackstone is an entirely different experience. They're fantastic. I suspect the non-stick surfaces took away from the final product.

Looking good. I like both a thin smash burger and a thick regular grilled burger, so I make them about 50 percent of the time each. Each has merits, but love the sear of the smash burger.
Same. Smash is great but so is a nice thick burger with a bit of a crust and pink in the middle.

I never understood a pan/griddle fried burger. I hated cooking them, they weren't that different. They just seemed to be substandard. For some reason cooking them outside on the Blackstone is an entirely different experience. They're fantastic. I suspect the non-stick surfaces took away from the final product.
For sure. I tried on non stick as well and it's not even the same. A nice cast iron pan works well indoors. And some salt, pepper, garlic and msg makes it magic.

Back