• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How long to keep fatty in fridge

Brian in Maine

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've never had this happen before, but I have some fatty left over from last weekends smoke. It's Jimmy Dean sausage, and since it must have curing agents in it, is it still good a week after it has been smoked? TIA

eat it! eat it NOW! put it on yer corn flakes or trix!

i don't know, man... i woulda sliced and froze it. what's the temp of your fridge?

This might be an un-answer-abe questions......... I have never heard of left over fattie....
Give it the snif test... then go for it.

One week should be fine. But I would slice it and heat them up real good on a hot skillet.
But....if there's ANY doubt, throw them out! You won't enjoy them if your wondering if you might get sick.

welllllll... how long would you keep lunchmeat from the deli in your fridge before tossing it?

the rule of "when in doubt, throw it out" is a good rule to live by. afterall, it's only a couple of bucks.

have you ever had food poisoning? i'm not gonna tell you it's safe to eat, because i really don't want to hear about cramps and stuff. i had it in cancun... not fun...

anyway:
click and
click

the government sites are pretty conservative and they are conservative for a reason. there are a lot of variables, including total time between 40 & 140 degrees and other handling issues so making the call without knowing all the variables is pretty tuff.

If the dog doesn't eat a small bite be just a little concerned...

Dude, I made a lot of fatties once and had to squirrel away a bunch of it. I was still munching on it three weeks later!

I'd hit it, chase it with a beer to kill the cooties.

Yes, the addition of the beer is imperative. A slice of fattie with a Pepsi or OJ is unconscionable. As in, thats just wrong.

Breakfast of Champions: Budweiser, slice of toast - white toast, strawberry jam, and hot fatties.

Amen

I always rely on the good ol' NOSIMETER (nose meter), whether for stuff just brought home from the store or stuff that's been sitting in the fridge. Never fails! :biggrin:

Personally, I think that people in the US are a little hypersensitive about germs etc.
One week for a product full of salt and smoked....it's gonna be fine.

Your problem is the fact that you even had fatty leftovers......Repeat after me:THOU SHALL NEVER HAVE LEFTOVER FATTY.....It might be a sin.....:eek:

if someone has to ask, the answer is always "pitch it".

Back